addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Philadelphia Python Users Group (PhillyPUG) Message Board › O'Reilly Sponsorship

O'Reilly Sponsorship

Tom P.
tpanzarella
Philadelphia, PA
Hi All,

I just wanted to inform everyone that PhillyPUG is now officially part of the O'Reilly User Group Program. What this means is that O'Reilly is now an official sponsor of our group. What they provide, in short, is the following:

- Copies of their books for our members to post reviews

- Donations of books and other promo items

- Discounts to our members on their books and O'Reilly events (conferences, etc.)

- A monthly newsletter

- Access to O'Reilly speakers

As we have just been officially accepted into the program I am not 100% versed on how to fully leverage these benefits (yet). However, I will be in touch with O'Reilly to see how we can take advantage of this new partnership. In the meantime, I urge you to check out: http://ug.oreilly.com...­ to learn more about the program.

Thanks,

Tom.

PS: We are still looking for a featured speaker for May. If you are working on something cool in Python that you think others would be interested in or benefit from, please contact me to speak at our upcoming meeting on 5/17. Thanks!