FREE and DISCOUNTED technology tools for nonprofits is the discussion topic at the next Philly NetSquared meetup. Please join us at this highly interactive meeting of social change agents on September 2, 2014 at 6:00pm at the Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street, Phila. PA. The program will begin promptly at 6:30pm.
We’ll start with a brief introduction for each topic from our presenters, and then attendees can select two topics to attend. Choose from:
• Community Magic’s Stan Pokras will discuss Freecycle (https://www.freecycle.org/) as a resource for free stuff and a way to help keep reusable goods out of landfills.
• Azavea’s Tyler Dahlberg will share insights on his firm's annual Summer of Maps fellowship (http://www.summerofmaps.com/about/) which pairs student data analysts with nonprofits to produce high-impact maps for free.
• Briana Morgan from the Office of HIV Planning will speak on Google for Nonprofits (http://www.google.com/nonprofits/), which includes a $10,000/month advertising grant for noncommercial purposes and free access to Google Apps.
• David Mosenkis will present TIBCO Spotfire, a visual analytics platform non-profits can license at no cost to explore and share insights from large data sets without programming. View some examples here (http://dmspotfire.blogspot.com/).
• Thomas Taylor from roundCorner will share his experience using donated & discounted CRM licenses from the Salesforce Foundation (http://www.salesforcefoundation.org/), along with free Salesforce apps like the Nonprofit Starter Pack, Volunteers for Salesforce and DemandTools, to help nonprofits organize information on funders, volunteers, supporters and members.
• Additional topics TBA (Have an idea? (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aIIzD8b0udi0gOVZIfNx_HZuwm7XZLuz8decG4q3c_8/viewform)).
Do you use or know of a product or service discounted for nonprofits? We’d love to include your ideas. Just submit your ideas on this form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aIIzD8b0udi0gOVZIfNx_HZuwm7XZLuz8decG4q3c_8/viewform) by August 22nd and we will reach out to you.
In addition, we’ll all hear from Elijah van der Giessen from TechSoup Global on how the national TechSoup organization can help nonprofits through its software donation program (http://www.techsoupglobal.org/) and related services.
RSVP’s are appreciated for planning purposes, but not required. Lite fare will be available.