Jun 3, 2008 · 6:30 PM
This location is no longer available
Plans are coming together for a great meeting on June 3. Highlights include the following, with more detail below.
- A report (with demonstrations) from Seth Horwitz and Ivan Boothe about some of the really cool stuff they saw at the annual NetSquared conference in San Jose.
- A short presentation by Larry Miller of the I Do Foundation about their use of extensible meeting and process management.
- A live update from the Philly WiFi forum happening simultaneously up at Temple. NOTE: The WiFi forum has been postponed to June 18, so there will be no update at tonight's Net Tuesday meeting.
- Ivan Boothe and Seth Horwitz, co-organizers of Net Tuesday Philly, attended the third annual NetSquared conference in San Jose on May 27 and 28. A key feature of the conference was a showcase and competition among 21 finalists of the NetSquared Mashup Challenge. Innovative ideas and applications, combined with deep, authentic commitment to social change, produced some really interesting sites in various early stages of development. Seth and Ivan will showcase a few of these and highlight principles and practices that they believe will be useful and interesting to Net Tuesday folks.
- Lawrence Miller of the I Do Foundation, will describe his website that helps engaged couples celebrate generously and start a lifetime habit of charitable giving with their weddings, and his use of extensible meeting and process management. He'll discuss a few replicable, extensible, and simple organization techniques that can be applied to your board meetings, your programming team, or even your unwieldy email threads to help the group stay on track without steamrolling over individual people.
- Coincidentally, at the same time our Net Tuesday is meeting, there is a forum being held at Temple University on the future of WiFi in Philadelphia organized by the Media Mobilizing Project. Since this is a topic of interest to many Net Tuesday folks, we?re planning to have a live update of what is happening at that meeting. (BTW, is anyone else planning to attend that meeting?) NOTE: The WiFi forum has been postponed to June 18, so there will be no update at tonight's Net Tuesday meeting.
Plus, plenty of time for schmoozing, networking and getting to know one another.
The June Meeting is sponsored by WomenMatter.com - Engaging Women in the Political Process
Good ideas, good people, good energy. Hope to see you there.