addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Net Tuesday Philly Meetup Message Board › Call for discussion leaders for (and reminder about) the Social Web Sampler

Call for discussion leaders for (and reminder about) the Social Web Sampler for Social Change on February 7.

Seth H.
user 6496887
Upper Darby, PA
Some discussion topics are starting to come in for the Social Web Sampler, including ones about mobile applications, user interface, timebanking, managing broad social media efforts and more. There's still plenty of slots left, and you're invited to help fill them.

A quick FAQ:

Q: What should my topic be about?

A: That's really up to you. The social web is very broad, and almost all of it can be used for nonprofits and social good. Really anything that strikes your fancy in the realm of technology or services that help people communicate, collaborate or connect with one another is in scope.

Q: Do I have to be an expert, or prepare a presentation?

A: No and No. If you have some expertise in an area, that's great. But if there's a social web topic of interest to you, then it's probably of interest to others as well. And, although you should think about the session ahead of time, the 20-minute format leaves only a few minutes for any "presentation" beyond framing the topic. Most of the time should be left for stimulating discussion, serendipitous connections and synergistic ideas.

Q: How to I sign up?

A: Simply fill in the form at http://tinyurl.com/SocialWebSample­. We'll get back to you with any questions or concerns.

Q: Should I RSVP?

A: Whether OR NOT you're considering leading a discussion, it is helpful (but not required) for you to RSVP for planning purposes – which you can do on the Meetup page. (And thanks to those who have already RSVP'd.)

Looking forward to seeing you there, perhaps as a discussion leader, but certainly as a participant in this fun and fast-paced event.

Seth