addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Net Tuesday Philly Meetup Message Board › Seth Horwitz is Awesome!

Seth Horwitz is Awesome!

NetSquared
user 37748782
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 25
I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate the huge contributions of Philly Net Tuesday's co-organizer Seth Horwitz.

http://www.netsquared...­

Seth Horwitz is stepping back (but not retiring!) from his leadership of Philly NetSquared, which means this is a great time to acknowledge his huge contributions to the NetSquared community.

In pure numbers we’re talking about 73 events with 2,203 attendees. His first event was in May 2008 featuring the campaigning work of Friends for Peace and the Genocide Intervention Network. Philly has been going strong ever since under Seth’s stewardship, and they’ve introduced several new event formats to NetSquared, including Crowdsourcing Change.

On a more personal level Seth’s influence is a major reason why I’m currently in my role as the NetSquared Community Manager. I had been organizing Vancouver’s Net Tuesday group (as it was then called) for less than a year when I was invited to the N2Y4 conference where I met Seth during a gathering of NetSquared organizers. Philly’s co-organizers Seth and Ivan impressed me tremendously and they opened my eyes up to the full possibility of how a NetSquared group could be the hub of a thriving nonprofit tech community. They seemed to really have it together, and I’ve been chasing after them ever since!

Seth continues to be a skilled community organizer, having recently recruited an active team of co-organizers to assist him in planning Philly’s events. He’s shown strong leadership, but also been welcoming and open to the contributions of others. :-)

Please join me in thanking Seth for his contributions to the NetSquared community! I can’t wait to see what he and the Philly team do next (so that I can steal their great ideas and share them with the rest of the network!)

- Eli, NetSquared Community Manager