addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Phocus photography group Message Board › painting with light.

painting with light.

Tim
user 55369522
Group Organizer
Lake Elsinore, CA
Post #: 8
A former member
Post #: 271
Great article. Also good source of articles irrespective of what gear camp one belongs in. NIKON RULES!!! wink
A former member
Post #: 38
http://www.creativeli...­
I purchased the above light painting course two months ago (just one of several CL workshops that have drained my wallet)...but I have not done much light painting, just quickie-stuff. I do want to give it some serious practice. As a result, I'd prefer to do something locally to get some more experience before deciding to commit to a day-long trip like this (which would make for a better investment). So if anyone is interested in collaborating on some practice, let me know.
A former member
Post #: 273
Hi John-

I've done it once lighting up some tufas in Mono Lake with a million candlepower beam, but that was the only time I played with that medium. It did spark an interest though in that form of expression.

What type(s) of subjects were you interested in painting? I would like to try painting an area where there are lots of big boulders and is easily accessible. Dailey Ranch in Escondido has some nice rock features and large boulder fields, but closes at dusk.

I'm not so interested in twirling lights around and writing our names with them, although I wouldn't be averse to doing so if someone has a clue on how to do it well enough.

A former member
Post #: 40
Old Cars...
A former member
Post #: 274
...Old Cars... sounds pretty neat! I'm game. Have access to any old cars that we could light up? I'd like to give it a try if you like. Have you seen this vid before? It's about lighting up an Airstream trailer out in the Mojave desert.

Airstream Trailer: Painting with Light

Let me know if you're interested in light painting cars together.