California Condors - Soaring among the high peaks.
That is if the birds get the memo....
Join us at Pinnacles National Park for a hike and an opportunity to see the giant condors.
This is a Photo hike lead by Backroad-Images.com (Mary, Tim, & Patrick)
We will be providing hands on instruction in composition and landscape photography.
This trip happens rain or shine. We hope for a bit of rain as it makes for nice puffy clouds in the sky.
Plan on 2.5 hours to get there; 2 hours to Soledad (WEST side, not the East side out of Hollister), and half an hour to get to the park from Soledad. We will meet at the parking lot at the end of the road. We plan to be on the trail by 9:30 am to catch the light before it gets too harsh.
The hike is a loop hike gaining 1,200 feet in about 3 miles. There are bathrooms at the Top and bottom, but not where we will be having lunch. This is an all day event. And then a return trip on the loop of about 3 miles. We sometimes eat dinner together afterwards.
Here is a link to the park info: Pinnacles National Park
What to bring:
• Hiking boots & clothes
• Water (no water on the trail)
• Sack lunch that we eat at the top while we wait for condors
• It can range from Cold to in the 80s so bring a variety of clothes.
• Camera Extra lens if you are so inclined (telephoto for the condors, wide angle, macro, gradient filters, ND filters)
• Tripod if you have one
• Extra battery & cards
• Toilet paper The bathroom at the top is often out of paper
• More Camera stuff
• Extra clothes
• More food
• Clothes to change into once back at the car