addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The South Bay Photography Meetup Group Message Board › I'm looking for an assistant organizer. Are you interested?

I'm looking for an assistant organizer. Are you interested?

Patrick
PjTraveler
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
I've a couple of things in mind; I would like help trying to get people to participate, and I would like help keeping discusions going.

If you have any interest, please let me know.

Thanks,
:-)
A former member
Post #: 3
I've been a member of another photo club (in Santa Cruz) for about a year, and what's kept it going is fixed monthly cafe meetings and dedicated members. Sometimes we'll have a focused topic of discussion, and sometimes we'll dedicate the whole meeting to critiquing images or just showing recent pics.

We schedule photo outings in addition to monthly meetings because there's always enough to discuss in indoor environs. I would recommend scheduling an evening meeting within the next week or so. One thing I've noticed is that online forums are far less efficient than in-person meetings. As far as finding venues, I've never seen more than 1/2 of the members of an online group actually show up to any given event.

Regards,
-Pieris