addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The South Bay Photography Meetup Group Message Board › half-day beg scenic photo, thru East Bay Parks

half-day beg scenic photo, thru East Bay Parks

A former member
Post #: 1
On Sunday morning, February 12th, I will be instructing the latest of a series of half-day beginning scenic photography classes/outings offered through East Bay Regional Park District. The location is Sunol Regional Wilderness/Preserve, between Fremont and Pleasanton...

...I started these offerings last year with the park district. Back in the 1980s, I taught photography, both in adult classroom settings and field outings/workshops. From the mid-1990s to 2004, I was active with a Bay Area-based figure & portrait photo group, producing numerous photoshoots as well as serving as president. My tenure with photography is 30 years and counting, with professional level experience off-and-on spanning 25 years. As my profiles on www.modelmayhem.com (member #12108) and www.modelplace.com (member #1610) both convey: despite this experience, I still consider myself a "work in progress."

Part of my joining this group was to share this experience with others, as well as meet with other Bay Area photographers in "real world" settings, from open space/parklands to urban street scenes, exploring the potentials available through 'location' photography.

Making weekday meetings anywhere in the Bay Area is very remote for me - I live in Tracy, and work in the South Bay Area (as a commercial/industrial electrician and foreman) during the week, usually leaving home by 4:30AM to beat traffic and getting home some days as late as 4PM. I do frequently have the camera with me, and have spent uncounted days out in downtown settings in San Jose and Palo Alto by dawn's early lighting.

I look forward to opportunities to meet up. Whether ot not anyone is interested in these classes.

I would be happy to answer any issues or questions, related to the classes or my own photographic interests, background, or experience.

Richard Beebe
A former member
Post #: 8
On Sunday morning, February 12th, I will be instructing the latest of a series of half-day beginning scenic photography classes/outings offered through East Bay Regional Park District. The location is Sunol Regional Wilderness/Preserve, between Fremont and Pleasanton...

Thanks, Richard, this is a great idea. So, will this be free for members of the meetup group? wink

I can't yet say whether I can join - will let you know later by email. I love Sunol so that would be a great opportunity to go there again.

Cheers, Oli
Dawn
user 2410284
San Jose, CA
Post #: 17
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info and links on the Sunol class, it sounds like a good one.

Most of our photoshoots do happen on weekends, often with a caffine intake gathering before or after the shoot.

Dawn