addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › SF Zoo Shoot-Out

SF Zoo Shoot-Out

Closed to new replies

digitalShe
digitalShe
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
Greetings, Fellow Photog?s!

Well, another fabulous last minute outing, thanks to those who could attend! It was awesome seeing the group and great fun playing tour-guide to one of my favourite places in the City. Javier, Jean, Ed and Robin stopped by to view the Zoo with Shelah and Chris, your assistant organisers. The weather was quite foggy, providing nature's soft-box and eliminating harsh lighting. While great for some, there was a bit of a low light challenge presented as well. But, challenge makes us learn, and improve our skills.

Everyone had a great time sharing tips and tricks, stories and excitement!

Javier, never happening to a zoo as a child, got first hand experience seeing exotic animals up close! I am so glad we could offer the opportunity to him ? now he will have to go back, as not enough time left in the day to see everything.
Jean got some great first hand experience with a newer long lens --- and figured out she needs to invest in more memory for her upcoming trek to Africa. Let?s see if we can?t get her out to practice more before she goes on holiday next month.
Ed, Robin and Chris all seemed to enjoy talking tech, something I get lost at, but try hard to keep up.

We have some awesome first pics of the experience up here in the photos section ? check them out online (once again, I was beaten to the punch in posting? you?ll just have to find mine in the group of outstanding images, or look have a look here:
http://www.sweetlight...­ ).

We look forward to seeing more of you at future outings! As always, we value your ideas and input in
deciding events and shoot-outs? let us know if there is something you want to do with the group!

Keep shooting, posting and printing? We'll be reviewing Wednesday the 7th~

Cheers,
She