addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Avedon Exhibit @ SFMOMA

Avedon Exhibit @ SFMOMA

Closed to new replies

Vonn Scott B.
user 4541421
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Good Evening: It's one thing to see Avedon's work in the books and on websites, but coming face to face with his pictures for the first time was a powerful experience. Since I had never seen the In The American West pictures before, I never appreciated how large the prints were, and how their sheer size made them even better pictures than I had thought (and I had thought they were some of the best American photos of the past few decades). The double picture of the drifter alone is worth the entire special admission price. Vonn Scott Bair