addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Stock photo sites?

Stock photo sites?

Closed to new replies

Kyiakhalid
Kyiakhalid
Oakland, CA
Post #: 5
I'm thinking of trying my hand at selling some of my pics as stock photos. Does anyone have any recommendations based on their own experience?

So far, I'm leaning towards iStockPhoto. They seem to be the industry leader, that gives me confidence that they wont go under and that they maybe reach the largest potential audience.

I haven't signed up with any yet, but I'd like to get a little money coming in from this hobby. Every little bit helps.

Thanks in advance.
K.
Tsafrir (Mike) M.
photostm
Dallas, TX
Post #: 82
I don't know much about stock photography sites, but what I do know is that they are looking for VERY specific images... so check carefully if they are looking for the stuff you shoot.

Good luck!
Kyiakhalid
Kyiakhalid
Oakland, CA
Post #: 8
Thanks for the tips. They seem very picky about the quality and the content of the photo. Hopefully some of mine will make the grade. I've been staying away from shooting people so I can avoid the release issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.