addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board Challenges, Workshops & Field Trip Ideas › North Shore Photographic Challenge - March 2!

North Shore Photographic Challenge - March 2!

Gordon C.
GordonCornwall
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
The 2013 Photographic Challenge presents the work of the best photographers in BC and the Yukon.

In its 29th year, the Challenge is known as “the premier competitive event in Western Canada.” It is a competition of photo clubs from BC and the Yukon – including rare wildlife action, spectacular landscapes, gritty and funny street scenes, architecture and form, portraits and the human body, abstracts, altered reality, and cutting-edge digital technique. Competing clubs each submit ten images from different photographers, scored by a panel of experienced judges.

Members of the audience will take home a large number of photography-related door prizes donated by our generous sponsors.

The Challenge takes place Saturday, March 2, 2013 at the Kay Meek Centre for the Performing Arts, starting at 7 pm.

For more information, contact Gordon Cornwall, Challenge Team Promotions, gordon@phantomself.org, or Norah Corbet, Challenge Coordinator norahcorbet@shaw.ca. Or visit The North Shore Photographic Society

Tickets available online from Kay Meek Centre

Reserve tickets

Russ K.
user 3929906
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 388
I'm one of the incredibly tough jurists for this year's event. smile So you know. smile

cheers,
Russ
Barry B.
user 23620661
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 9
I just bought my tickets! A friend took me last year. I had actually forgotten about the NSC. But now that I am retired I am doing a lot more photography and really enjoyed it. In fact I was blown away. Some VERY talented photographers around. Maybe the photo meetups should join! I HIGHLY recommend this. Last year I even won scanning of 500 slides, (which was about 1/10th of my collection!). That was worth > $200 and I'm really glad I won it. See you there! Carpooling recommended!