addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › The majority of Nikon D7000's have a Autofocus problem!!!

The majority of Nikon D7000's have a Autofocus problem!!!

Ronald L.
RonaldLee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 107
Hi there, I know a lot of members in the group has the Nikon D7000, which is, in my opinion the BEST cropped frame camera ever made, so this will be of interest to those people/you.

I've been complaining about how my lens has been missing it's focus for a long time. I hate it when I think I'm focused on the eyes and then I look at the photos and it's not tack sharp. Well, GUESS WHAT?

It turns out its the the camera, the majority of D7000's have a backfocusing problem with the autofocus. This explains why I get sharp images when I manual focus, wide open!

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs57G4XTZVE­
and this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4jUXryI8Jk­

I'm going to put lens corrections on all my lens ASAP. If you'd like to do the same for your D7000's and would like to do it together, please email as I'll be doing these at my office by tinseltown.

Ronald Lee
Peter H
user 11473968
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 60
Hi Ronald.
The D7000's have a 'Menu' driven fine 'Auto focus' adjustment do they not? I have a D80 that has a slight front focus problem. But the d80's and d90's only have manual adjustments. And I can not get the allen wrench to turn the screw to adjust the d80 proberly. Any suggestions?
Ronald L.
RonaldLee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 108
Hi Peter, sorry, can't think off a solution for you off hand. Yes, a lot of cameras today have a AF fine tuning adjustment in their menu.

Ronald