addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photographers & Models Message Board › NOTICE: RESCHEDULED MEETING DUE TO FAMILY DEATH

NOTICE: RESCHEDULED MEETING DUE TO FAMILY DEATH

Larry M
user 7102798
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

We have some good news and some sad news.

*NOTICE: Because of a death in the family we are going to have to postpone our get together this weekend. The father of Gayle, our production coordinator, passed away today. Because of that we'll have to be in Ohio through the weekend and won't be able to return in time for the Saturday meeting.

We are talking with PPR to reschedule for next Saturday January 28th or February 11th at 10AM. We're very sorry for any inconvenience and do hope to see you there. As soon as we have things sealed with Professional Photo Resources we'll shoot you an email.

If you have any questions please email Gayle at: Workshops@marchantproductions.com

______________________________________­__________________________________

On a good note we already had 35 members RSVPed for this weekend. We hope you and more can make the new date.

(This will be all three of our model and photographer Meetup Groups meeting together so there will be more attending than you see RSVP on the website.)

Let's make 2012 a new year to learn, grow and experience photography in a new way.

THIS IS YOUR GROUP!
I'd like for us to make it more than just a place to shoot. Lets talk about what you want to get from it at the Meet & Greet. The more of you that come the more momentum we can create to accomplish your goals.

LET US HEAR YOUR IDEAS FOR THIS YEAR
This year I'd like to make our group more productive and more beneficial for you than before. Here are some ideas we can discuss. This will be our first get together. Let's start the year off with good ideas and ways to improve your photo skills.

1. Shoots with models
2. Themed and special shoots
3. A gallery showing of your work at 'Atlanta Celebrates Photography'
4. Guest speakers / Classes / Workshops
5. Show and Tell (sharing your work and discussing it)
6. Model / Photographer of the month
7. Monthly Photography Assignments
8. Give us your ideas.

FIRST TIME MEMBERS
Many sign up for the Meetup groups and never come to a get together. If you've never been to any of our meetings or shoots come out to the meet and greet, share your work or just hang out and look over others portfolios; see what this group is all about.

NEWS:
Send us your news. Let us know if you have a show, won an award or got a great assignment.

* JANUARY PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH

Derek Wintermute

To get the ball rolling, I'd like to point out one of our members that I've seen make 'AMAZING' strides in the quality of his eye, Derek Wintermute. This photographer is going beyond taking snaps he's polishing his skills as a photographer and creating fantastic images. Take a look at his work at: http://DerekWintermut...­. Or follow him on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/d...­

PHOTO SELLS AT AUCTION FOR $10,000

* I had a land great moment in December when one of my limited edition fine art prints of Paul McCartney sold at auction for $10,000.

Send us your news big or small so we can all share in your growth.

SHARE YOUR WORK
I'd like to encourage any of you that would like to, to bring your work and share it with others. We did this last spring and the meeting was a great one.

MODEL AND PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH FOR FEBRUARY 2012
February is Valentine's Month so grab your favorite model or photographer and capture the sensual and/or erotic side of Valentine. Be creative and imaginative.
• The contest is open to all members whether you've attended any meetings or not.
• Send all submission as JPG files to Workshops@marchantproductions
• Put 'Meetup' in the subject line.
• Deadline Feb. 20th. Results will be announced March 1.

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH:
Free admission to upcoming Meetup Shoot. (value $75)
We're looking for sponsors for more prizes

MODEL OF THE MONTH:
Will be paid $100 to model at an upcoming Meetup Shoot.

We look forward to seeing you and the next Meetup.

Larry