addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Columbus PHP Meetup Message Board › Price Range - Can Someone give me a Fair Market Value

Price Range - Can Someone give me a Fair Market Value

A former member
Post #: 1
I have a client interested in having me create a website for his business. I know what to price to the design and development of a dynamic (mySQL/PHP) site. However, this client also wants the site to integrate his existing LAN database within the web application for search queries by online visitors to the site. I understand, roughly, that this can be accomplished using ODBC, or using a PHP framework that offers a built-in DAO php class and that can handle multiple database types and connections.

What I have no idea about is where to begin to price this task. I understand that pricing is not a science. But I wonder if others in the PHP meet up community here could share a starting price point that is in line with similar work you have done in the past.

Thanks in advance for the willingness to discuss...