addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Physics and Astronomy Society Message Board › Favorite observation spot for Perseids Meteor showers in the Bay Area?

Favorite observation spot for Perseids Meteor showers in the Bay Area?

user 9407396
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 4
What is your favorite or best viewing spot for astronomical objects in the Bay Area?

I am asking because the Perseids are happening at the moment.

user 10040598
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Sorry I missed this one.... Our favorite spot is up in the Oakland hills away from the city lights. We watched it one year from the Chabot Science center and one year from lawn chairs out in the parking lot of the Anthony Chabot campgrounds entry area.

On a sidebar, when we attended the last eclipse viewing at Chabot SSC, we saw shooting stars as part of the show - was quite a spectacular evening and a good launch for the new school year for my daughter.