What we're about
This group is for imperfect moms who are ready to get real, stop bullshitting, pull off those mask of perfectionism, and start connecting with other tribe members, so that we can figure out how not only to survive this thing called motherhood, but to thrive in a world suppose-ta-bes and supposed-ta-dos. This group gives moms a safe, judgement-free space to laugh, cry, and tell our stories--because let's face it, adulting is hard and we all need a safe place, a tribe of like-minded women who support and empower eachother.
This is a pseudo book club of sorts— freaking life-changing book recommendations that you are absolutely not required to read in order to meet up. We will meet monthly at different city locations to relax and unwind for an evening, letting someone else take care of those little adorable responsibilities called children.
• Laughing and crying will happen- We don’t know when and we don’t always know why, but when you’re in a safe space wrestling with the hard shit, both are bound to erupt like Mount St. Helen at some point, all of which will feel like it’s happening at the most inopportune time.
• We don’t take ourselves too seriously- Who hasn’t forgotten a kids birthday, driven to work with your phone on the roof of the car, substituted breastmilk in your kid's smoothie because you forgot to grab almond at the store, or strutted around the mall feelings pretty damn good about yourself only to realize your pants are unzipped and your matchy-matchy black outfit is actually a black and dark blue? Seriously, ladies… we ALL do it!
• Honesty- Honesty is hard and scary but absolutely critical to creating meaningful, authentic relationships. And if you are joining this group, that’s what you're after, right?
• Confidentiality- When your soul is lying buck naked in a room full of strangers, it is vital that nobody outside that room finds out about it. We got your back, girlfriend.
• Validation- This is PARAMOUNT! We all come from different backgrounds and have different stories to tell. And while it’s impossible for everyone to come completely judgement- and prejudice-free, it’s going to be really important for us to recognize our own inclinations towards judgement and then validate, validate, validate anyway. We want this to be a safe place!
• No boys allowed- Penis-free zone. Not that we don’t love our guys, but there’s a time and a place, and this is not it!
• Absolutely no politics allowed—unless we are all in agreement that Donald Trump is a d-bag (but how would we even know that?)
• LOVE- Love, youse guys--this is where it’s at. We are from all walks of life and we don’t have to like everyone, but we always want to practice love and kindness towards those around us.