addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Pittsburgh Dog Meetup Group Message Board › Moraine State Park

Moraine State Park

A former member
Post #: 3
Has anyone ever taken their dog swimming at Moraine St Park? We are renting a boat for the day up there and you are allowed to bring your pet on the boat, however I can't find anything online saying the dog is allowed to swim anywhere. I know it will be too hot for her to sit on the boat all day w/out taking a swim here and there. Any suggestions?
A former member
Post #: 1
I have taken them to Moraine before and let them go in from the shoreline. I am pretty sure you can let them swim anywhere but the beach areas. Hope that helps.
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm pretty sure Justin is right. The park website just says that pets are not allowed on the beach areas. I don't see where they're not allowed anywhere else to swim: http://www.dcnr.state...­ . The boat rental place should be able to verify this as well. Have fun, it's a great park!
Sarah & J.
user 9196189
Portersville, PA
Post #: 1
Has anyone ever taken their dog swimming at Moraine St Park? We are renting a boat for the day up there and you are allowed to bring your pet on the boat, however I can't find anything online saying the dog is allowed to swim anywhere. I know it will be too hot for her to sit on the boat all day w/out taking a swim here and there. Any suggestions?

I live 5 minutes from there and i myself had problems there a few times within the past few months... just REMEMBER ...LEASH LAWS, I got a citation about a week ago, for letting my dog swim, she was without a leash... there are signs posted some places around the park that say dog must be a a leash no more than 6 feet... and no training of dogs...

I really think it is all on who is patrolling the park that day... There are a few islands around the lake and I am guessing if you go to one of them, as you will be on a boat, you should be ok...

Have fun out there.. just remeber the leash...
A former member
Post #: 4
Thank you!