On a Sunday of January, a blogger (who is not vegan) came to my vegan brunch. Guess what! She loved the food. Read her blog post via link below. And check out upcoming menu: old favorites & new items.
This is reservation-only event and guests must pay in advance. Use PayPal button on website http://ZestWishes.CO (click 'EVENTS' tab). Past events were hosted at Burma-Tokyo Restaurant. Due to increasing popularity of these vegan brunches, a more spacious venue is being considered and this post will be updated accordingly.
Join Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes to enjoy all-you-can-eat vegan brunch items crafted by Chef Mya Zeronis, using non-GMO, local and organic ingredients and NO refined sugar, chemically-processed, mass-manufactured, textured soy protein isolates, imitation meats and cheeses.
Chef Mya has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine, and was recently praised by Pittsburgh Magazine (http://www.pittsburghmagazine-digital.com/pittsburghmagazine/january_2014/?pg=104&pm=1&u1=friend#pg104) and Muddy Melissa blog (http://muddymelissa.blogspot.com/2014/01/vegan-brunch-featuring-chef-mya-zeronis.html?spref=fb). Her vegan-friendly Around The World Pop-Up Dinner Series scored a chef profile in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/life/recipes/2013/09/19/Food-Column-Cook-and-learn-at-pop-up-dinner/stories/201309190282) and write-up by Pop City Media (http://www.post-gazette.com/life/recipes/2013/09/19/Food-Column-Cook-and-learn-at-pop-up-dinner/stories/201309190282).
1) Sprouted organic tofu-cauliflower scrambled “eggs,” nutritional yeast, chick peas, homemade almond milk
2) Whole wheat macaroni with homemade, unprocessed “cheddar” and cashew “ricotta.” Topped with Wild Purveyors shitake mushroom “bacon” bits [Healthier and vegan version of grand-prize winning recipe (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/five-cheese-macaroni-with-prosciutto-bits) published in Taste of Home Magazine]
3) Clarion River Organics purple potatoes roasted with garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and thyme
4) Blueberry-banana pancakes with chia seeds, flaxseed meal, organic spelt flour, organic virgin coconut butter, Grandma Z’s Maple Haus dark amber maple syrup
5) Asian- inspired chili with Clarion River Organics black beans, coconut jasmine rice, Non-GMO Project verified tamari sauce, organic chilies and homemade Sriracha (NO sugar, corn syrup, guar gum, xanthan gum & preservatives found in Chinese staple condiment) [Updated version of another contest-winning recipe (http://www.marketdistrict.com/Create/Recipes/Detail.aspx?RecipeID=1399&RecipeCategoryID=8&Page=4)]
6) Homemade sprouted organic tofu sausages, wrapped in organic kale leaves and grilled
7) Organic baby arugula salad, maple-apple cider vinaigrette, red onion, toasted organic rolled oats, cashew “ricotta”
8) Green "eggs" with avocado halves and nutritional yeast-coconut butter "hollandaise"
9) Raw cashew coconut "cheesecake" with gluten-free pecan-date crust, real vanilla, strawberry-maple compote
10) Clarion River Organics cornmeal-coconut grits, toasted coconut flakes
11) Self-serve brewed organic, fair trade coffee and tea with homemade almond milk, homemade coconut milk and maple syrup
12) Juice counter for make-your-own raw fresh juice blends like orange-tangerine-carrot and apple-cucumber-kiwi
Up to two children age 7 or younger, accompanied by paying adult, eat free. For each additional child or those 8-14, there is a $10 suggested donation to No Kid Hungry. See you there!