addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup Message Board › Summerfest

Summerfest

Debbie
user 80515602
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anybody has been to a vegetarian or vegan summerfest? I heard about the one in Johnstown PA this summer--it's at the University of Pittsburgh campus (in Johnstown). July 3-7. Are there any vegan summerfests within reasonable driving distance? At this one they are having a chef prepare all vegan meals (and also offering raw and gluten-free!) I would love to go to this. Just wondering if anyone would recommend it or something similar?
Thanks!
Mike E.
mike_elliot
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 913
Despite the name, this is a vegan event. It is an annual event and I have gone several times. I highly recommend it. There will be lots of cooking demonstrations, nutrition talks, activism talks and everything in between. I can't make it this year but look forward to going in the near future.
Sally
user 34504822
Murrysville, PA
Post #: 2
I also recommend going. The speakers, cooking demonstrations, vegan foods, and socializing make it very worthwhile. We are fortunate to have Summerfest so close to us -- people come from all over the USA and even Canada!
Aimee D.
user 61087202
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 2
I want to go to Summerfest, but I'm not completely sure if my schedule will allow it. Cleveland is also holding their first ever Veg Fest on 6/1:

http://www.clevelandv...­