addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup Message Board › Vegan Friendly Restaurants

Vegan Friendly Restaurants

Kim
user 3152577
South Park, PA
Post #: 107
Get the mango juice at People's. It is heavenly!!
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 163
I ate at the Milky Way in Squirrel Hill today. Best falafel in the citysmile It came with hummus, pickles, some kind of cabbage, and a small Israeli salad. I will go back there again! Also, I picked up a menu for Pinati. Has anyone ever been there?

Your Inner Vagabond is incredibly vegan friendly. We should have a meetup there sometime! They love vegans smile
A former member
Post #: 178
I still maintain that Kassab's has the best falafel. tongue

Milky Way's is pretty good, though.
Sally
Strawberry_Sal
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 222
I second Kassab's, but I guess I'm going to have to go to Milky Way and taste test to make sure that's still the case... wink

Sally
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 169
Was Franktuary already mentioned on here? http://franktuary.com...­

They have veggie dogs, and they deliver. They also sell smoothies,teas, salads,etc. Also, if you tell them you're vegan, they will wrap your veggie dog in foil before putting it on the grill. I haven't been here yet, but have heard many good things about this place!

Also, Pinati. Has anyone been there? I'd like to go some time.
Kim
user 3152577
South Park, PA
Post #: 125
The spicy fries at the Milky Way kick A**.
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 185
Typhoon in Shadyside, on South Highland, right next to Oh Yeah!:

Some good things:

The food is amazing. Totally worth the wait. The vegetables were very fresh. I had the veg and tofu curry with pumpkin and the typhoon salad. Best thai food in the city! The waiter went to check for me when I asked if something was vegan. The portion sizes were good-not too big or too small. I meant to ask if they offer brown rice. Oh, I also had a dirty mango that had coconut juice, mango juice, wheat grass jelly, I forget what else.

The wheat grass jelly sounds gross, but it's not! It doesn't have any flavor, and it has the consistency similar to the tapioca pearls that come in bubble tea.

Some not so good things:

I did go with my mom at 7pm on a Saturday night. I'm glad we had a reservation! The place got busy quickly, and dinner took an hour and a half. It was pricey, and the dinner menu was small, although the food was amazing. They have another menu for lunch, but I didn't get to check it out. Also, when I was about to finish my drink, I noticed that there was a small bug floating in itconfused I almost didn't notice because it looked like the wheat grass jelly. However, the wheat grass jelly was at the bottom of my drink, and the bug was floating on the top. I should have known when I ordered a drink called a dirty mango...wink
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 187
Update about Typhoon:

According to one waiter, the curries contain fish sauce confused Thai restaurants make me paranoid...
A former member
Post #: 48
Update about Typhoon:

According to one waiter, the curries contain fish sauce confused Thai restaurants make me paranoid...

yeah, thai and vietnamese restaurants go CRAZY with fish sauce.

:(
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 188
I think that Thai Cuisine in Bloomfield is the safest Thai restaurant in Pittsburgh. They have great fake meats. Although, you do have to tell them to make the curries without milk if you order them. They're really good though!

I just stopped in a new place that just opened up yesterday on Murray Avenue. It's near where that Turkish deli used to be. I can't remember the name of this place, but they sell fresh juices and smoothies. The menu looks like they have a lot of vegan options-falafel, hummus, sleek,etc. The only downside is that they sell shwarma. confused (which is lamb). You can see it cooking in the back of their kitchen. confused