addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup Message Board › Vegan Friendly Restaurants

Vegan Friendly Restaurants

Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 265
Royal Carribean, anyone tried it?

I was just looking at their website: www.royalpgh.com and it looks like they do have some vegetarian options, not sure about vegan options, because I haven't gone yet.

On the "meet the chef" section, and it said he used to be "meat-free" for 6 years, and then gave it up crying
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 266
And, he worked for KFC...hhhmmm...
Mike E.
mike_elliot
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 810
Royal Carribean, anyone tried it?

I was just looking at their website: www.royalpgh.com and it looks like they do have some vegetarian options, not sure about vegan options, because I haven't gone yet.

On the "meet the chef" section, and it said he used to be "meat-free" for 6 years, and then gave it up crying

I have walked by it a lot to go to Abay, but never tried it because it didn't look to be very vegan friendly. Check it out and let us know.

-Mike
Kim
user 3152577
South Park, PA
Post #: 207
There is a Green Mango next to my work. How vegan friendly are they? ANy suggestions?
Mike E.
mike_elliot
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 814
There is a Green Mango next to my work. How vegan friendly are they? ANy suggestions?

Diane and I eat at the one in Monroeville a fair amount. They are pretty vegan friendly. Check out the menu on their web site.

-Mike
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 268
The one in Regent Square is great! It says on their website, they'll adapt any dish to your allergic specifications...or something like that.

Aladdin's in Squirrel Hill now has vegan desserts: baklava, and a couple different kinds of cookies.
A former member
Post #: 2

I eat there fairly regularly. Their tofu summer rolls are one of my favourite foods ever. A lot of the dishes come with fish sauce, so just ask that if there is fish sauce that it be omitted. I've never been to the Regent Square restaurant, but the servers at the Monroeville place are very kind and helpful. My favourite entree is the tofu with basil dish. The choo chee tofu is good as well.
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 274
How about the Juice Box Cafe(in Shadyside): http://www.juiceboxpi...­

They just opened(recently maybe?). I really hope they do well. They make their own almond milk, and have mock tuna salad, you can also get it as a wrap. The staff is friendly, too.

The seating area is actually a decent size, so I was thinking we could have a meetup there. Anyone interested? If someone would like to schedule a meetup, that would be great! Also, after the meetup is scheduled, someone should probably call the Juice Box, and alert them of the number of hungry vegans that will be invading their cafe on the chosen date. smile
Dave W.
davewh
Portland, OR
Post #: 190
Waffle Shop on Highland Ave. in East Liberty plans to continue its vegan cinnamon raisin waffle special through June (2010), so if you're in the area, check them out. Oh Yeah, just up the street (also on Highland), regularly offers vegan waffles, so that provides a few options in that neighborhood.
godfree k.
godfree_KD
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 35
Hi Mike,

I'm new in town, so I haven't tried most of the places you mention.

Ali Baba was decent.

Mad Mex is awesome! Yes, it is way too loud.

I like PF Chang's lettuce wraps. Their other veg food is mediocre.

I like Whole Foods prepared foods. Their vegan mock chicken salad is delicious.

I've been to the co-op but have not yet tried their prepared foods. Their groceries are expensive, even for members.

KD