The first meetup organised by Krakow IT Architects!
The number of spots is limited so please register on https://evenea.pl/event/krkitarchitects/ and wait for the confirmation - joining on meetup doesn't allow to join the event.
Staying airborne in the cloud (and avoiding the rocky peaks)
...or how to pick technologies in the age of abundance.
Going with a vendor or a technology used to be a commitment that lasted decades. As cloud technologies mature, it seems like even a large enterprise can go from a solution to a solution in a matter of months, if not weeks. Guiding an organisation thought the process is challenging, especially with stakeholders and interest groups influencing the choices as they fit their diverging agendas. Building a resilient, future proof architecture in an environment where many solutions, seemingly, meet all the requirements can be a gruelling task. We’d like to invite you to our session where three experienced architects will be sharing their experiences on picking technologies for their cloud solutions.
- 6:00 pm - 6:20 - Introduction - Suavek Zając, CTO for Digital at William Hill
- 6:20 pm - 7:05 pm - Implementing Stateful Serverless architecture via Kubernetes and Cloud PaaS - Patrick Di Loreto, CTO at Addison Global LTD
In this talk, I will present you, our journey to implement distributed DDD and stateful services using Kubernetes and PaaS cloud infrastructure through our platform scala framework and current related open source projects.
- 7:05 pm - 7:15 pm - Break
- 7:15 pm - 8:00 pm - Modern workload orchestration: Kubernetes & serverless - Krzysztof Zalasa, Customer Engineer at Google Cloud
Challenges in Architect's professional life - choose the proper solution from hundreds of options.. but the number of tools is constantly growing every day. Demystify serverless, explain unobvious flavours like data warehouse or mobile app backend. Manage containers on scale using Kubernetes and service mesh to build word-class modern apps.
- 8:00 pm - 8:10 pm - Break
- 8:10 pm - 8:55 pm - Choosing a cloud monitoring solution. Several products, all of them the same. A true story based on an ongoing project - Bartlomiej Gerlich, Solutions Architect at Grand Parade
What can a company do when placed before a choice between de facto equivalent technologies? Should we dig deeper into the features, create new requirements until a set clarifies that will allow us to differentiate and pick? Engage in tests and proof of concepts of several tools and see how they work for the enterprise? Allow the finances to take charge and choose the tool that is 3% cheaper than the others? Stand around confused like the proverbial Buridan’s donkey? Let’s dive deep into our ongoing paradox of choice, using the example of a monitoring tool we want to pick for William Hill. We’ll also chat about “AIOps” and use similar buzz-words throughout the 40 minutes allocated for this talk.
- 8:55 pm - 9:30 pm - Networking
Food and drinks will be provided, hope to see you there.
The host for our first meetup is Grand Parade part of William Hill.
If you'd like to host further events please get in touch with us.