Location visible to members
Please Note: Read the directions carefully below.
Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here (http://www.meetup.com/pleasurepalate/pages/Attendance_Policies_and_3_Strikes_Rule/) before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) You MUST prepurchase your tickets in advance before you sign up for the event.
3) You only need to purchase the $55 for the Saturday Masquerade, but I will be attending the $35 Saturday Preshow as well. So if you want to join me for both parts then you will have to purchase both tickets.
4) To purchase tickets online go here: http://www.labyrinthmasquerade.com/buy-masquerade-tickets
5) You cannot attend the masquerade unless you are wearing a costume, even if you paid for a ticket. everyone in attendance must be in full costume.
6) If you don't have an elaborate costume, then try costume rental company like this one: http://www.westerncostume.com/
Make sure you select the Saturday Masquerade. If you plan to attend the Preshow, make sure to purchase your tickets well in advance because the preshow will SELL OUT months before the actual event.
Last year, I attended the most gorgeous and extravagant masquerade party I have ever attended in my life. And that's saying a lot since I love going to costumed festivities. So I'm returning again. This time around I'm going to the pre show which sold out last year, because I want to be able to take photos of the fabulous costumes before it gets dark.
To get a better idea of what to see and expect at the masquerade, check this photo gallery out from last year's show: http://www.labyrinthmasquerade.com/gallery/labyrinth-masquerade-2012-photo-gallery-xv-costumes-and-images-from-the-ball-19?limitstart=0
They will not allow you to enter the masquerade unless you are in costume which I think is wonderful because it really enhances the atmosphere and ambiance when everyone is dressed up for the masquerade.
If you like dancing, they have at least 4 ballrooms playing different types of music.