Location visible to members
Please Note: You MUST pre-purchase your tickets BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) To purchase your tickets online, go here: http://aplusd.org/midcentury-series
2) Tickets cost $100 per person, but if you buy as a 'couple' you save $12.50 per person.
3) Tickets will SELL OUT in advance, so don't hesitate in purchasing your tickets. If you are going by yourself and want to pair off with another person to save money, contact me and I will check to see if someone wants to buy a s a'couple' with you.
4) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
5) We will meet at 6:30 PM at the valet station and from there we will go together as a group into the house.
7) Call me at: 714-658-4099 when you arrive at the venue. Do not text or email me.
Last month, I went on an unforgettable tour of the Sheats-Goldstein designed by one of my favorite architects, Lautner. The event was perfect because not only did they have the tour, but they also served, drinks, appetizers and had live music to enhance the ambiance. The tour organizers are now hosting another tour, this time of a house designed by another great architect, A. Quincy Jones, in Crestwood Hills. So come join me as we tour this midcentury modern house with drinks and appetizers!
From the A & D Museum website:
"In 1946 four musicians returned from the war and pooled their resources to create the
Cooperative Housing Group… ...
Please join us on Thursday April 4, 2013 for the second salon in our series at the A. Quincy Jones designed Mutual Housing Association Site Office located in Crestwood Hills: the nerve center of this mid-century modernist community and now the home of architects Cory Buckner and Nick Roberts.
Historic-Cultural Monument #680 with slopping glass walls and cantilevered wing “…is a metaphor for America’s boundless self-confidence after World War II: The building literally takes flight across the canyon.” - Nick Roberts, Architect
Come immerse yourself in sublime architecture while enjoying the company of fellow enthusiasts, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. This is an experience not to be missed.
THE EVENING WILL INCLUDE SPECIAL TOURS OF THE RESIDENCE.
Admission: $100 Individual, $175 Couple"