Location visible to members
Please Note: Read the directions carefully BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) I will be arranging a carpool, but you must be okay with attending BOTH events I have planned that day - one in Riverside and the other in San Bernardino.
3) The carpool designated meeting point is at the LA Zoo Parking Lot right near the Autry Museum.
4) If you ride with a designated driver, please give your driver at least $30 in CA$H to compensate for gas and car maintenance.
5) If you carpool, we will leave at 8 AM SHARP at the LA Zoo parking lot. We will have breakfast at the Riverside area. Go on the tour. Go to San Bernardino for Railroad Days. Have a late lunch. Then return to the LA Zoo parking lot around 5 PM or so.
6) If you carpool, bring about $60 for breakfast, lunch and any mementos you might want to purchase.
7) Tickets cost $10 per person for the Riverside Flower Show and Garden Tour and can be purchased here online: http://riversideflowershow.info/Pre-Sale%20Tickets.htm
One ticket will allow you entry to all the participating houses in the garden tour.
Its Spring Time! And that means I will be hosting garden tours every weekend from April to May.
Home Garden Tour
Each year, the Riverside Community Flower Show selects five homes with gardens that reflect a variety of popular themes. Last years homes ranged from drought-tolerant to manicured estate.
The ticket for the flower show (http://riversideflowershow.info/Pre-Sale%20Tickets.htm) also provides entry to each garden where the ticket is stamped.
Maps for the tour can be picked up any time the show is open.
Do plan ahead to allow time for travel and viewing before the home gardens close each evening.
Your ticket includes entry to all 6 private gardens around Riverside, and entry to the flower show at the Elks Lodge as many times as you like.
You can visit the gardens in any order between 10 am & 4 pm on Sat. and Sun. Maps of the location of the gardens are available after 9 am on Sat. at the Elks Lodge.
Your entry ticket also includes 2 free door prize tickets on Sat. and 2 more free door prize tickets on Sun. The door prizes tickets are drawn on the hour.