Location visible to members
Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here (http://www.meetup.com/pleasurepalate/pages/Attendance_Policies_and_3_Strikes_Rule/) before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
EVENT MUST KNOWS:
• We will meet in front of the restaurant, at 11:00am. Please do NOT be late.
• Family-Style Dining: Dining for this event has been designated as Family-Style. The food bill will be split evenly between all attendees. Attendees will be responsible for paying for their own beverages. Please note that flexibility is an important part of family-style dining, and if you want to take a chance on attending, you have to be amenable to what the group/AO will order. You don't have to eat everything that is ordered, but everyone pays equally, whether you eat everything or not. Why this policy? The goal for family-style dining is to allow for the entire group to sample as wide a variety of dishes as possible. If one or more attendees choose to order on their own, that limits the group's choices, which defeats the purpose of what Family-Style Dining is all about. If this definition of Family-Style Dining doesn't feel comfortable, this may not be the right type of event for you.
• Yelp Reviewers give Shanghai Dumpling House an average of 4.0 stars out of 5.0, from 5 reviews. You can read those reviews here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/shanghai-dumpling-house-san-gabriel
• Cost per person is anticipated to be about $15.00 to $20.00, depending on how much food we order, any beverages plus tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $25.00 in CASH to settle your portion of the bill. This is a CASH ONLY establishment. No credit cards are accepted.
• Parking is available in Hilton Hotel Shopping Mall where the restaurant is located, on the ground floor next door to the bakery. Street parking is also an option. Just be sure to read the street signs for any parking restrictions.
• The night before this event, I will email my cell number to all attendees so that you can call or text me if you arrive before I do, or are running late, or are lost.
• After lunch, there will be an option to go to Pa Pa Walk in the same mall for dessert.
I bookmarked this place on Yelp awhile back after reading a blurb from Jonathan Gold as to how much he enjoyed the soup dumplings here.
In Flushing, NY, I had a wonderful meal featuring giant soup dumplings at a popular eatery called Nan Xiang Soup Dumpling House. Ironically, the first 2 characters of the Chinese name for Shanghai Dumpling House is also "Nan Xiang." Coincidence? Who knows. That just gives me a reason to host a lunch here. And who doesn't like soup dumplings? Besides, word has it that they have a spicy pork soup dumpling variety, which sounds intriguing enough to try, along with other staples such as spicy rib eye noodle soup, beef rolls, potstickers, Shanghai fried rice cakes, etc. In addition, they also have hot pots here as well...