Location visible to members
Please Note: Read the directions very carefully before you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) This is a 3 part event - we will have a quick breakfast at The Donut. Then head over to see the 2 ships available to tour FREE for Navy Days. Finally, we will have lunch at Michael's Pizzeria in Long Beach.
3) Bring about $30 in CA$H for food. We will be eating at The Donut and then having a family style lunch at Michael's Pizzeria. Meaning, we will order as a group and try out several pizzas and split the bill evenly (excluding drinks).
4) The Tour for Navy Days is FREE but you must go online and make your reservation here: http://navydaysla.org/next-port-visit/
Make sure to choose the Sunday, August 10th, 9 AM tour
5) Restrictions: Must be minimum of 5 years old, no strollers, wheel chairs no bags or purses. No open toed shoes ( sandals). Must be able to climb stairs. (http://navydaysla.org/next-port-visit/)
What to bring: Cameras, video cameras, cell phones with cameras OK and cash for ship’s store items and ( bottled water if hot day) and cash for ship’s emblematics ( ball caps).
7) I am arranging for a carpool that will meet at 7 AM SHARP. We are meeting at 7 AM because it takes about an hour to drive to San Pedro, about 30 minutes to have a quick breakfast and then park and line up to tour the ships.
The carpool location address is: 11501 Santa Monica Blvd, West Los Angeles, CA 90025 (http://navydaysla.org/next-port-visit/)
8) If you carpool, please give $10 in CA$H to your designated driver to reimburse for gas and car maintenance. (http://navydaysla.org/next-port-visit/)
This meetup event was inspired by PP member Sandi H. and her timely notification.
Two years ago, I hosted a visit to San Pedro to check out Navy Days and visit the aircraft carrier, USS Abraham Lincoln. It was a good event and we were able to visit a fully operational aircraft carrier, not a retired one like in San Diego. So Navy Days is back again, this time with 2 'new' ships to check out. So come join me in San Pedro for Navy Days and then try out supposedly one of the best pizzas in the USA -Michael's Pizzeria in Long Beach. (http://navydaysla.org/next-port-visit/)
Check out the Yelp reviews for Michael's Pizzeria here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/michaels-pizzeria-long-beach
Below is a flyer from 2012, so it will be different ships we will tour but the same rules applies.
First Stop: The Donut at 1615 S Gaffey St
San Pedro, CA 90731
Second Stop: Navy Days
Stop 3: Lunch at Michael's Pizzeria at 5616 E 2nd St
Long Beach, CA 90803
Go to Attendee List