Please Note: Read the directions carefully below BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) This is a day trip that involves going to Bakersfied. The primary goal will be to visit Kern Pioneer Village for the XMas festivities, but we might visit other points f interest if we can fit it in.
3) I will arrange for a carpool that will meet either in Encino or in Valley Village at 10 AM SHARP.
4) If you carpool, please give your designated driver at least $20 for gas and car maintenance. You must also be willing to go on all the stops your designated driver wants to visit that day.
5) Admission is $10 per person, but if we buy tickets in groups of 4, we can save money since a 'family' pack is $35.
6) Bring at least $40 in CA$H for food and any gifts you might want to buy from vendors.
Two years ago, I hosted a day trip to Bakersfield and one of the highlights was visiting the Kern Pioneer Village. I found out they host a Victorian themed XMas celebration once a year and anything Victorian XMas will immediately get my attention. I have host A LOT of Victorian XMas themed events in the past several years and want to see what Bakersfield can bring to the table. So come join me for a day trip to Bakersfield to experience XMas at Kern Pioneer Village and possibly more!
Join us for a "Victorian Christmas" themed celebration that promises to be fun for the whole family!
Event to include:
- Santa's Village including photos with Santa, free gifts & carnival!
- Artisan Christmas Market - Perfect for holiday gift shopping!
- Hot chocolate and holiday themed adult beverages in the Fellows Hotel Saloon.
- LIVE Community Entertainment.
- Living history tours and carriage rides.
- Polar Express themed train tours.
- Christmas films in the Black Gold Theatre.
- Food booths, antique vehicles, s'mores at campfire, and more!
Bonus Round: If we have extra time we will visit another local museum in Bakersfield before heading back to LA
Hi... I'm Pauline