addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 888
Robert, If these big business are not doing just fine and making money. Why do they still get these millions dollar pay check?

And, you accuse me of not answering questions. Answer mine and I will answer yours.
Larry H.
larryhaney2000
East Saint Louis, IL
Post #: 491
Robert, OK, I will answer it again. The Private sector is doing find because CEO's like Republican Romney are still being pay millions as CEO. It is no Obama fault that these CEO's are so greedy that they will accept only a million and pay their employees a better pay check.
A former member
Post #: 1
I have got to interject something here. Larry, Romney is NOT in the private sector, nor is Romney a CEO. He hasn't been since 2008. Romney did NOT send jobs overseas. That little lie out of the Obama camp has already been discredited and proven false by Factcheck and several other non-partisan groups. Romney saved companies and saved hundreds of thousands of jobs. There was a company that was so far gone that ended up failing after Bain tried to save them. Why spread lies? You also mentioned that Romney is making $3 million. You might want to check what Obama made last year. It was over $4.3 million. You keep blasting away at the rich, but Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Dodd, Frank and all the other Democrats in Washington DC are all multimillionares too. Why don't you ever mention them?
Jim
user 41056192
De Soto, MO
Post #: 3
I am sorry but you guys don't know what you are talking about. Romney has never been a real CEO. He ingerited his money and has learned (using tax, invetment an other advisors to multiply his money. He was able to do that do the Laizze Faire Republicans that have over the last 20 years have stifled Competition and innovation and some patriotism which are the cornerstone of good Capitalism. The middle class has been the ones who are suffering from this. The Republicans seem to think that Capitol (Money) is the only factor in productivity. The "money changers" (good Bible reference to use) are controlling our system. We have decimated the safe-guards we had in place with the New Deal Roosevelt worked so hard to put into place. Monopolies are back and survival of the fittest is the name of the game. Obama sees it but Republican Obstuctionists are keeping him from doing his job. We can hide our heads in the sand and allow (as Eisenhower warned us about) the Military Industrial Complex to take over our country and we can vote for Democracy. Obama is the ONLY CHOICE.
A former member
Post #: 3
Seems that someone missed history class their entire life. FDR's policies PROLONGED the Great Depression, and it is well documented. Sure, there were some things that helped, like SS as a safety net. But if FDR had not pump primed the economy (read stimulus), the depression would have ended long before what it did. His policies made workers get paid up to 25% over what they were worth causing massive unemployment. Economist all over this country have proven FDR's economic policies as mostly a complete failure and the cause of the Great Depression continuing as long as it did. I bet you didn't know (because you skipped history and economics, obviously) that unemployment spiked at about 9% midway through the first year of the depression and by 1 complete year fell back to 6%. That is when FDR tried his ill thought out STIMULUS and pro labor policies that distroyed the economy. Obama tried the same thing, and again, complete and utter failure, which drove up unemployment. Just do some homework and quit parroting your sources of idiocy. I suspect you are not very old, due to some of the examples you used in you post and words that the likes of the Occupy dregs would use. The middle class is suffering due the the policies of this president, the uncertainty of his policies on businesses and his massive spending in a poor economy. Even at the height of Bush's spending, it was only 1/3rd of what Obama has spent. I don't expect someone like Obama, who has never worked in the private sector or done anything but community oganization, to know how the hell to run an economy, let alone, a country. Also, Yes, Romney was a real CEO.......OF BAIN CAPITAL. More lies from the left. FDR, Carter and Obama, the Three Stooges of Presidents.
Jim
user 41056192
De Soto, MO
Post #: 4
I am sorry but your Ad Hominem arguments have no merit. Your whole concept of "Private Sector" has no meaning in a Capitalistic system. The four factors of production has no boundaries of Private or Public control. Enterprise is enterprise. The most important point to remember is that any economic system is supposted to be used for the GOOD OF All THE PEOPLE THAT USE IT. Management (CEOs, Corp, Trusts, Capital Institutions, etc.) is ONLY EQUAL TO NOT ABOVE THE LABOR THAT PRUDUCES THE PRODUCT. In a Democracy the People trump All the factors of production, to see to it that the system produces good for alll its people. Business (big or small) do not run this country. Neither does labor, nor Capitaln and hopefully not resources either. Only Government can control the balance of th powers to be. Capitalsim has to be Controlled the same way as the power of the Military, - By the three Branches of Government, with Balance of Power, under a Constitution, The worst thing that has ever happened in our country is the day the Supreme Court said Corporations are people and have the same rights. That is a fay that will live in Infamy and endagers oru freedom. They have the mone and money in our system is POWER. Please pray for you country.