addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Issues You Don't Talk About Cafe Message Board The Issues You Don't Talk About Cafe Discussion Forum › You know that guy who "made up" the Hockey Stick Temperature Graph?

You know that guy who "made up" the Hockey Stick Temperature Graph?

Larry L
RationL
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 861
His name is Dr. Michael Mann and he'll be joining us for a meeting (via skype) this Sunday, 7pm at the St. Louis Ethical Society.

I'm sure he would love to hear your theory about how human induced climate change is a conspiracy by thousands of scientists to install a one world govt so it can take away your freedoms.

If you give a crap about the future of humankind - be there.

7pm to 9pm.

http://www.meetup.com...­
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 899
Not everyone agrees:

http://www.torontosun...­
Larry L
RationL
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 862
no, and not everyone agrees the world is round either. Should we listen to "everyone", or the actual practicing experts?

http://theflatearthso...­

Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 905
And then you will say we should care about our kids and grandkids?

Only 44% of households have an individual life insurance policy, and 30% have no individual or employer-provided life insurance, according to a recent survey by LIMRA, an industry-sponsored group. Some 11 million households with children younger than 18 — viewed as families with the greatest need for coverage — have no life insurance.

Do we really care about what climate change will do to our kids and grandkids? The effects of climate change are much more distant then when you will die.
Larry L
RationL
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 863

Do we really care about what climate change will do to our kids and grandkids? The effects of climate change are much more distant then when you will die.

Bob,
We are experiencing the effects of climate change now. We have just gone through the hottest 6 months on record and the driest since the 20's (if not earlier). This will only get worse as the climate that mankind has adapted to continues to deteriorate.

Keep in mind that there is a 30-40 year lag between CO2 levels and temperatures. This means that we are currently experiencing the temperatures/weather of CO2 levels when Reagan was President. This does not bode well for the climate 30 years from now.

Dave
user 6709699
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 246
no, and not everyone agrees the world is round either. Should we listen to "everyone", or the actual practicing experts?

http://theflatearthso...­

I guess we should just listen to the "expert" who has been proven to have fudged the data & would not share rpthe source data with other scientists, thus violating the foundational scientific principle of others reproducing your results & peer review of data. By the way, tgere are 20,000 climate scientists who disagreee that global warming is man made, but they don't count I guess.
Ellie
EllieTO
Houston, TX
Post #: 36
Not everyone agrees:

http://www.torontosun...­

Oh Robert, how I have missed you!

The Toronto Sun! Really?!

As a native Torontonian I can assure you that the Toronto Sun is only used for two things: (1) To gawk at the "Sunshine Girl" on page 2, and (2) to line bird cages. The Toronto Star is the main city paper for news, or better yet one of the nation papers (The Globe and Mail or The National).

Howdy from Houston!
A former member
Post #: 208
Bob,
We are experiencing the effects of climate change now. We have just gone through the hottest 6 months on record and the driest since the 20's (if not earlier). This will only get worse as the climate that mankind has adapted to continues to deteriorate.

Keep in mind that there is a 30-40 year lag between CO2 levels and temperatures. This means that we are currently experiencing the temperatures/weather of CO2 levels when Reagan was President. This does not bode well for the climate 30 years from now.

Hey Larry,
While the above may be true.... we will not really know for a while. The "experts" also gave us phrenology.:)
Dane K.
user 72899982
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
True, experts have been known to make mistakes. With that said, just because many doctors do make mistakes, I still want an expert (a doctor) to perform a surgery on me rather than dyeing without the surgery. The world is now sick and needs help.

As for the impacts of CO2 on our climate, I do not want to be responsible for the human suffering now and in the future caused by global warming.

The world’s population is increasing. This does not bode well for CO2 emissions.

The world’s population of middle class consumers is growing dramatically. China, India, and a number of other countries (over 1/3 of the world’s population) are quickly developing a middle class. It is the consumption associated with these developing economies that will accelerate the production of CO2 gas and lead to more global warming.

There is an answer…
A former member
Post #: 2
True, experts have been known to make mistakes. With that said, just because many doctors do make mistakes, I still want an expert (a doctor) to perform a surgery on me rather than dyeing without the surgery. The world is now sick and needs help.

As for the impacts of CO2 on our climate, I do not want to be responsible for the human suffering now and in the future caused by global warming.

The world’s population is increasing. This does not bode well for CO2 emissions.

The world’s population of middle class consumers is growing dramatically. China, India, and a number of other countries (over 1/3 of the world’s population) are quickly developing a middle class. It is the consumption associated with these developing economies that will accelerate the production of CO2 gas and lead to more global warming.

There is an answer…

WW III