addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Portland R User Group Message Board Portland R User Group Discussion Forum › R Instruction offered: testing the waters

R Instruction offered: testing the waters

Jack H.
user 63187962
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Hi gang,

Just dipping my toes in the water to see if there's interest in some formal day-long (or half-day) instruction in R. I've been using R for statistical analyses for the better part of the last decade -- mostly market research data involving Bayesian analysis.

I'm an experienced classroom instructor and can run the gamut from basic to intermediate to advanced R instruction, depending on the audience.

I've also authored more than a few packages, though none on CRAN in order to protect the confidentiality of work done on behalf of my employer.

If there's interest in this sort of thing, I'd be interested in making it an ongoing thing for not much more than the cost (if any) of the facility required for the instruction. As I mentioned, testing the waters to find out if there's interest for this sort of thing. If so, get in touch and we can start the discussion.

Cheers! Jack
Louis
user 18849761
Wilsonville, OR
Post #: 3
As a newbie I would be interested in a half-day session. My interest right now is relatively basic - understanding the desolve package so that I may setup and run the ODE solver. Eventually I want to use R to analyze time series data.

Lou
Jason F.
user 10822256
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I'd be interested. I'm a beginner with R.