Welcome to Positive Focus Free Hugs!
In order to participate in a PF free hug event, you must adhere to our hug agreements:
PF HUG AGREEMENTS:
• Take cue from the huggee to determine strength and length of hug (they may have an injury or simply uncomfortable with a long or tight hug)
• Be welcoming not overly exuberant to get a hug (pay attention to voice volume, especially if there are lots of huggers as everyone yelling free hugs can be intimidating).
• Keep it about the hugs, although high fives/fist bumps are okay, kissing of any kind is not appropriate. Know that at any time you have the right to not hug someone if YOU feel uncomfortable.
• Be kind. You are representing Positive Focus and kindness is our core value.
When people ask why we are doing this - say to spread kindness. If they ask about what organization you are with, say Positive Focus.
JOIN US FOR PF FREE HUGS (one of our gives back events)
2:00: 1st Sunday & 3rd Saturday (usually goes 90 minutes depending on weather)
Old Water Tower Park, Chicago IL (Pearson St. & Michigan Ave.)
Why should you join us? Because you know that you receive so much from giving. You want to see firsthand the power of hugs and you want to surround yourself with like-minded kindness spreaders and meet community members.
How to participate: Come with an open heart/mind/smile/arms and the willingness to focus on love over
• Due to weather, we occasionally cancel and/or shorten our hug time.
• Sometimes we share that space with protesters. We keep doing our thing – focusing on love and kindness as Positive Focus is PRO peace rather than antiwar, PRO health rather than anti disease, PRO kindness rather than anti cruelty
PF RSVP policy: We are committed to offering you a heaping dose of positivity and we ask that you commit to us. More importantly...commit to YOU! Honor your RSVP. 5 or more no shows could cause a removal from the PF community. 5 or more last minute (less than 24 hour) cancellations to our volunteer efforts could also cause a removal from the PF community.
Who is a PF Member?: PF members are already on the path to positivity or yearning to learn about it's power. We are not here to convert anyone, but happy to help those looking to build or hone their positive muscles.
Donate to PF: A $5 donation is appreciated so we can continue offering these events. All are invited to join regardless of donation. DONATE HERE or thru Meetup Chip In. (Helps make new signs etc)
Personalized Path to Positivity: Want tips on living life fully? Take our free survey HERE and we’ll send you a report on our recommendations.