addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi! I am very new to this..

I am using a open source software called Project Open 3.4 and it uses PostGreSQL. The database already exists and I am trying to create this report which uses TCL and a little bit of HTML for display purpose.

I am using an existing template they have and changing it to suit the user needs.

All I want to do is to display a report based on user input.

I have created a combo drop down with a selection (Example: A, B, C, D) and based on the selection the report gets displayed. The user clicks on the SUBMIT button to view the report.

I used the Query tool in PgAdmin but I don't know how to create a SQL query which is based on user input in this report template.

The query that I have which is based on two tables:
im_conf_items
im_categories

select i.conf_item_name, conf_item_nr, os_name, c.category
from im_conf_items i, im_categories c
where i.conf_item_type_id = c.category_id
oder by (i.conf_item_name)

I know that I am not specifying something that is important, what is the user selection.
I can send the code of the TCL file if needed.

Thanks and will appreciate any help I get.