WHY ATTEND //
Get some hands-on practice with tools that will ensure your design sprints create company impact and user value.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND //
- Facilitators, Product Managers, UX Researchers, UX Designers, Product Owners, Business Executives
- Recommended for corporate teams (mid-size through enterprise)
- We'll share the major design sprint challenges we've encountered over the years, and techniques we use to solve them.
- Then, we'll give you a chance to try some of the methods for yourself.
- We'll wrap up with some reflection of what we've all learned, and leave time for final Q&A.
WHY THIS TOPIC //
When New Haircut discovered design sprints in 2015, they filled a major hole in our team's product design process. They provided critical learning + insights that were missing.
But the more sprints we ran, the more we learned that you cannot just jump into a sprint blind, especially within larger organizations.
As bigger, more complex organizations asked for our help with their sprints, the problems they were attempting to solve were unclear or undefined, lacking research, missing company expertise, and filled with internal bias.
Because we failed to prepare and do the necessary pre-work, these sprints failed. So we spent the time learning how to eliminate such gaps, and make sure our sprints were set up for success. These stories and methods are what we'll explore in this meetup.