This is a meetup, but not a casual friendly hanging out, discussing WordPress together (we do that just after we're done with business!).
Pune Wordex has a specific objective: users of all kinds (developers, bloggers, etc) should exchange knowledge with each other.
Expect: Hackathons, WordPress Recipes, Tips for Commercialisation, Training Sessions, Effective blogging/publishing with WordPress, How to write well, etc
Good Faith Rules:
• WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
• Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
• Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
• Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
• Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.