ExpertTalks invites the software community to share ideas and inspiration, discuss issues, and learn from the successes and failures experienced on real case studies.
We cover a variety of themes – from pure technology (programming languages, design, architecture) to product design (Lean, UX, UI), software methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc...) and more. As long as it's related to tech, we want to share it. Join us!
Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestão da Universidade de Lisboa
Mira Bangel, co-founder of SenseTribe (www.sensetribe.com) and Hugo Lopes (www.sngular.com), with partner and co-organizer ULab ISEG (https://www.facebook.com/ULabISEG/), will facilitate a special ExpertTalk Workshop to introduce us to Sociocracy 3.0.
Sociocracy 3.0 is A practical guide for evolving agile and resilient organizations of any size, from small start-ups to large international networks and nationwide, multi-agency collaboration.
In this workshop you will
* Get to know the basics of Sociocracy 3.0 and learn what principles are key to effective collaboration
* Get a taste of how such an environment could look like in practice
* You will get to know some basic patterns and find out how you can amplify your tool box with over 70 patterns that support effective collaboration beyond Agile & SCRUM
* Learn about best-practices used global companies like Spotify, ING, BBVA, Haier and NER Group (and work equally in small businesses).
What is Sociocracy 3.0 for?
* provides a coherent collection of principles based patterns for collaboration, to navigate complexity, adapt and evolve.
* supports people to incrementally process available information into continuous improvement of the value stream, products, services and skills.
* helps organizations to make the best use of the talent already present, and to grow flexible organizational structures to align the flow of information and influence to the flow of value.
* provides an organic, iterative approach to change that meets organizations where they are and helps them move forward at their own pace and according to their unique context and needs.
* draws on the collective intelligence of the group.
* facilitates the development of strategies that are “good enough for now” and “safe enough to try”.
* fosters accountability and a sense of engagement.
* is a transformational mechanism for both individuals and the whole organization.
You can read more about Sociocracy 3.0 here: www.sociocracy30.org
Location: ISEG, School Of Economics & Management, Rua do Quelhas 6,[masked] Lisboa, Portugal
Location instructions: We will be at the rooftop of the building called "Edificio Novo Quelhas". You can follow the signs pointing to the event room at the old Quelhas Building.