addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Baltimore Puggapalooza Group Message Board › Looking to Adopt or Buy a Pug

Looking to Adopt or Buy a Pug

Crissy
user 6436887
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 1
I am looking to adopt or buy a boy/girl Pug as a Companion for my male Pug. Recently my other girl pug passed away from Cancer. The Vet suggested getting him another companion.

Thanks in advance,
Crissy
Debbie
debbie9703
Gaithersburg, MD
Post #: 304
Check out the Mid Atlantic Pug Rescue website. We adopted two great pugs from them!
Chris S.
CSollers
Group Organizer
Abingdon, MD
Post #: 14
I second MAPR. They are great folks and there is a real need in the rescue community for folks like us to adopt rather than buy.
Lindsay
user 90931352
Towson, MD
Post #: 2
I'm resurrecting this old thread , if anyone is still out there from it, how long did the process with MAPR take? We submitted our application over a month ago, and have only received an auto response from them to let us know they received our application and would be contacting our references. I'd love to rescue a pug, but they haven't responded to my emails or made any move since the first automated response... I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient or if they are too busy (or have rejected us! gah!)
Lu
user 2392589
Lutherville Timonium, MD
Post #: 6
I would recommend that you try to contact them again. Keep in mind that they are all volunteers so it may take a few day/ week to get to you. Also, you may want to attend an event where they will be, like today's Pugs for Pinky. Last year they had a station there, so I am sure they will be there again. If cant make today, go to MAPR site to see other events they will be participating. Good luck. I got my female Pug from them in December and it took a total of 3 weeks. Also another fine rescue group is MUTTS MATTERS; they often have Pugs that need good homes.