addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Pug Club Message Board › Resources for snake bites

Resources for snake bites

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi...we should all have numbers on our refrigerators to call if our pugs (or another other dogs) get bitten by a poisonous snake.

My little Moo Shu caught a killed a snake in our back yard, and brought it's carcass to the door as a trophy! It was a Red Coachwhip snake, not poisonous, and very common in our area. But it could have been a rattler! When I saw the dead snake, I checked its mouth...no fangs, no rattler tail (young rattlers may not have a physical rattler but their venom is if anything even stronger than adults), and then looked it up on the internet snake identifier on http://www.california...­.

The Red Coachwhip snake eats other snakes, including rattlers! Good guy to have around...but your pug doesn't know one from another.

You should have this page in your Favorites!

Maybe others know where you can take your bitten pug for rescue....seconds count! This is the snake season.

Now I have snake repellent around the places where these critters can get into our yard. It's not a 100% solution, but if the stuff works, it's worth having it. I got mine at Home Depot. It's a powder and does not harm snakes...just makes them turn away and go elsewhere.

So if you have a good place to take a bitten dog, let us all know...

Thanks,
John

A former member
Post #: 3
I feel like I have a two year old who gets in everything. Pug proof my house and backyard. I am glad Moo Shu didn't get bite. Very scary.Find a Animal ER Doctor in your area. So if something bad happens, you will know where to go. Bring the snake to ,if it is dead. Hope to see you at Del mar this Sat. Take care Shaun