addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Pug Club Message Board › Lucy has a bad stomache

Lucy has a bad stomache

Sandy C.
SandyCarlos
Poway, CA
Post #: 10
I'm sorry to bring up a disgusting subject, but Lucy's diareah, is driving me crazy! She has had a bad stomache for about 3 days now. Now I know that it has to do with the bag of mini sausages that my son gave to her.....(they were for people) I didn't think that this would continue this long. I was tempted to give her some pepto bismol, but I haven't.....any suggestions? I would really like to avoid a trip to the dr. Thank you Sandy Carlos
A former member
Post #: 346
HI Sandy. It's Vivian. Sorry to hear Lucy is not feeling well.

If you want to try one more thing before bringing her to the vet, have you tried taking her completely off her dog food and give her plain boiled chicken breast and rice? You could even try just rice and chicken broth for a 24 hour period then move to the chicken and rice Do not give her anything else to eat. Is she drinking water? That is really important as she can get dehydrated.

If this does not work shortly, I would take her to the vet

Hope she gets better soon.

VIVIAN
Sweetie
user 11148188
San Diego, CA
Post #: 7
Hi Sandy,

This has happened to our Zoey several times. Each time the vet would give her a can of wet bland food. We get ours at the Animal Medical Center on Broadway in El Cajon. Phone # 444-4246. They are open 24 hours a day. Just ask for the bland canned food. This helped with our Zoey plus she loved the taste.
I hope Lucy is better soon!

Patty