addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › Petland Novi (Exposed)

Petland Novi (Exposed)

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,366
At our first 2012 protest we meet a woman who purchased a Maltese from Petland Novi seven years ago. At five he became seriously ill and needed two blood transfusions costing $5,000.

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,445

Nice try Petland!

Meetup Members,

Last week PMA members sabotaged Randy Horowitz’s, owner of Petland Novi, master plan to auction off a puppy at the Northville Christian School. When the principal found out that Horowitz has relationships with puppy mills and was using his good name, he immediately contacted Petland to call it off. No thanks Petland!

Instead the school accepted our basket filled with awesome pet supplies prepared by Nicole, one of our regular Petland protesters. Thanks Nicole!

Live animals should never be auctioned off at events. They only end up promoting spontaneous purchases that may not be good for either the family or animal. Bringing a pet into your home should be well thought out and not part of a local event.

Thank you Tami for reaching out to the school and making this happen.

Please join us for our Holiday protests at Petland Novi (Twelve Oaks Mall). See our calendar.
http://www.meetup.com...­

Learn more about Petland Novi.
http://www.meetup.com...­

Join our Petland Novi Boycott Facebook.
https://www.facebook....­
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,521
16131512/

In a reply to an email query, Petland Novi said it didn't discuss customer claims because its customers are entitled to privacy.

HA! Really? Petland was caught and exposed nationally….of course they didn’t want to discuss it.

Note: We did work with the APSCA to develop this database and provided them this case. What a pay off.

ASPCA Uses USDA Photos in Fight Over Puppy Mills

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is bolstering its campaign against puppy mills by showing photos of sick puppies and harsh kennel conditions taken by the federal agency that licenses commercial breeders.

The organization has added 10,000 photos to its "NoPetStorePuppies" website showing dogs at breeders across the U.S. with matted hair, bloody stool, long nails, injured eyes and dental disease.

The pictures were taken by the U.S. Department of Agriculture over the past few years and were obtained through a public-records request. The breeders were warned or given citations to correct the problems.

The ASPCA wants people to boycott puppy sales in pet stores and on the Internet, the places where most puppy mill animals are sold. It included the photos in a database that can be searched by breeder, license number or ZIP code.

"A lot of pet stores will say, 'We don't get pets from puppy mills, but from USDA-licensed breeders," said Cori Menkin, senior director of the ASPCA puppy mills campaign.

Rod and Lindsey Rebhan bought a miniature Australian shepherd for $1,000 at a Novi, Mich., Petland store in 2011. The newlyweds considered Jack "our first baby, our little boy," Lindsey Rebhan said.

About a month later, the dog had its first seizure. After 25 seizures over the next four months, he had to be put down.

Because Jack's epilepsy was so severe, vets said it was probably hereditary. The store refunded the sale price, but didn't pay vet bills.

"I'm pretty sure it was hush money," Lindsay Rebhan said.

If the couple had seen the website, they would never have been in the pet store, Lindsey Rebhan said.

Jack came from Evergreen Designer LLC, owned by Daniel Schlabach in Fresno, Ohio, according to purchase papers and the ASPCA website. Phone messages left for Schlabach were not returned.

Photos of the kennel taken Nov. 2, 2011, show a dog with scabs and ulcerations on his muzzle; an underweight dog; four dogs with diarrhea; dirt and hair buildup in den boxes; two dogs with raw skin on their paws; one with a cloudy left eye; and one with a runny nose and a cough.

In a reply to an email query, Petland Novi said it didn't discuss customer claims because its customers are entitled to privacy.

The puppy mill fight started long ago. Agencies took up the cause as the number of pet owners telling heartbreaking stories of illness, death and costly vet care swelled. The sale of puppy mill dogs has been banned in some cities, including Los Angeles. Stores can sell shelter animals or hold adoption events on weekends.

The ASPCA and other animal welfare groups claim the way dogs are kept at some breeders — where they are producing hundreds of puppies at a time — cause chronic physical ailments, genetic defects or fear of humans.

Breeding females are overbred, kept in unsanitary, crowded cages without vet care, adequate food or water. When they can no longer breed, they usually are killed, experts say.

When the puppies are sold, they often are stuffed into crowded trucks and hauled thousands of miles, sometimes getting sick from the trip itself, arriving in bad shape and unable to bounce back from illness or parasites.

"Not all breeders run puppy mills," Menkin said. "Breeders without violations typically won't appear in the database, but if they're only meeting USDA standards, and not exceeding them, then we would consider their operation a puppy mill."

The database photos go back to 2010, and the number for each breeder varies.

"I have not studied it because it's a waste of time," said Karen Strange, a lobbyist for the Missouri Federation of Animal Owners. "Much of the information is old, and it's a publicity stunt for the ASPCA ... and other radical animal rights groups to garner money from the unknowing public."

USDA records show a third of the 2,205 licensed dog breeders in the country are in Missouri.

Republican state Sen. Mike Parsons of Bolivar, Mo., recently told the Legislature there that commercial dog breeding in Missouri was a $1 billion industry that employs thousands and spends millions every year on dog food, veterinarian services and utilities.

Strange said some breeders contacted her when they heard about the photos, wondering how they should react. She said they were told to conduct business as usual and if they were in compliance with state and federal law, they had nothing to worry about.

Menkin disagrees, citing legal loopholes. For example, she said, federal law says a breeder must have an attending veterinarian, but it doesn't say dogs have to be handled by the vet.

Tanya Espinosa, a legislative and public affairs spokeswoman for the USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, said the agency would not comment on the website.

The ASPCA obtained the photos through the Freedom of Information Act and plans to continue posting pictures, Menkin said.

Heather Nyein in Syosset, N.Y., bought a Shiba Inu at a pet store in January. She said Kiku, now 7 months old, came from an Iowa puppy mill.

It had kennel cough, and the store reimbursed Nyein $160 for two vet visits and medicine. Kiku survived.

"I completely lucked out with her," Nyein said after looking at some of the photos on the website.

If she had seen the pictures before getting Kiku, "I wouldn't have done it. I wouldn't do it again."

She's getting another dog, "but this time it will be from a Shiba rescue."

Online:

— ASPCA website: www.NoPetStorePuppies.com
— Jack's breeder: http://nopetstorepupp...­
— Jack's store: http://nopetstorepupp...­
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,522

Michigan Pet Stores Linked to “Horrible Hundred” Breeder List

Five on the HSUS’s list of problem puppy mills
sold puppies to Petland and The Family Puppy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 17, 2013

Novi, Mich. – Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan announced today that two Michigan pet stores receive puppies from substandard breeding facilities listed in a recent report by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) in May. In May, The HSUS’s “Horrible Hundred” report lists 100 problem puppy mills, based on the conditions documented in publicly available inspection reports and on evidence obtained during HSUS research and investigations. According to interstate transport records, Petland in Novi and The Family Puppy in several east Michigan locations received puppies from five of the breeders on that list between 2009 and 2012.

“Michigan consumers need to know where these puppies are coming from,” said Pam Sordyl, founder of Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan. “The cute displays in pet stores don’t tell the whole story—that those sweet puppies may have come from horrific conditions in a puppy mill far away.”

Petland is located in The Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi. The Family Puppy pet store operates five locations in the Detroit Metro area: Genesee Valley Center in Flint, Fountain Walk in Novi, Green Oak Village Place in Brighton, Macomb Mall in Roseville, and Oakland Mall in Troy.

The Family Puppy received shipments of puppies from Marlin Bontrager of Rome City, Indiana a large-scale breeder. Shipping almost 250 puppies to The Family Puppy stores in 2011, made him the largest single supplier to the pet store chain. Bontrager made the Horrible Hundred list after multiple violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act, including repeat veterinary violations.

Marlin Bontrager's commerical kennel, in Rome City Indiana
2012 taken by a Noble County Zoning Inspector

Petland Novi received shipments from four of the Horrible Hundred puppy mills between 2009 and 2012:

o Darlene and Charlene Koster/Rainbow Ranch Kennel in Minneapolis, Kansas: Received an official warning from the USDA for violations of the Animal Welfare Act.
o Kimberly Coleman/TLC’s Kennel in Clinton, Missouri: Fined $8,250 by the USDA for violations of the Animal Welfare Act
o Ervin Raber/Golden View Kennels of Baltic, Ohio: Cited for “Potentially Devastating” violations of the Animal Welfare Act for the presence of zoonotic disease and sick and injured dogs.
o Daniel Schlabach/Evergreen Designer LLC in Charm, Ohio: Cited for several violations of the Animal Welfare Act.

The case of a puppy from the last breeder on the above list, Daniel Schlabach/Evergreen Designer LLC of Charm, Ohio, demonstrates the hereditary health problems often associated with puppy mill dogs. In 2011, newlyweds Rod and Lindsey Rebhan purchased an Australian shepherd puppy named “Jack” for $1,000 from Petland Novi. “We considered Jack to be our first baby, our little boy," said Lindsey Rebhan. About a month after being purchased, Jack had his first seizure. After 25 seizures over the next four months, the Rebhans made the difficult decision to have him euthanized. Because Jack's epilepsy was so severe, his veterinarian said that the condition was probably hereditary. Petland Novi eventually refunded the sale price of the dog, but did not reimburse the Rebhans for the veterinary bills.

A dog photographed by a USDA inspector on May 2011 at facility
of Daniel Schlabach (Evergreen Designers LLC) in Charm,
Ohio

Lindsey Rebhan said that if they had seen the “Horrible Hundred” report they would not have gone to the pet store to purchase him. Photos of the kennel taken on November 2, 2011, show a dog with scabs and ulcerations on his muzzle; an underweight dog; four dogs with diarrhea; dirt and hair buildup in den boxes; two dogs with raw skin on their paws; a dog with a cloudy left eye; and a dog with a runny nose and a cough.

In the May 9, 2013 press release about the “Horrible Hundred” report The HSUS called on authorities to more closely monitor these and the thousands of other facilities across the country, and urged state legislators to pass stronger laws to protect dogs in puppy mills. Most of the 100 facilities on the list have been cited repeatedly by federal or state inspectors for violations such as injured and sick dogs who had not been treated by a veterinarian, animals left in the freezing cold or blistering heat without protection, filthy conditions, and, in some cases, operators who performed surgeries on dogs without a veterinary license or shot and killed unwanted dogs.

There is currently no state law to regulate dog breeding facilities in Michigan or to protect consumers who purchase sick animals from pet stores or breeders. To address this oversight, Senator Steve Bieda (D-Warren) and Senator Rick Jones (R-Grand Ledge) have introduced the “Puppy Protection Act,” S.B. 117 and 118, to establish guidelines for housing, sanitary conditions, enclosure space, exercise, and veterinary care of dogs in all large-scale breeding kennels in Michigan, including those who sell puppies to pet stores and directly to the public. Senators Jones and Bieda have also introduced the “Pet Lemon Law,” S.B. 348, to alleviate burdening veterinary bills for dogs purchased from pet stores or breeders who turn out to have health problems. Both pieces of legislation are awaiting their first hearing in the Senate Agriculture Committee.

To learn more about the Horrible Hundred report, visit
www.humanesociety.org/news/press_relea­ses/2013/05/horrible-100-puppy-mill-repo­rt-050913.html#id=album-193&num=cont­ent-3361

Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan is working to end the mass production of dogs in commercial kennels, or "puppy mills.” Our mission is to educate the public about the cruel cycle of commercial dog breeding and the pet store link. Read more at www.meetup.com/puppymillawareness.

More photos available on request.

###
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,543
http://www.yelp.com/b...­

Petland
27200 Novi Rd
Ste A
Novi, MI 48377
(248) 449-7340
petlandnovi.com

Michelle C.
Ann Arbor, MI
5/15/2013
We got our dog from here 5 years ago. Our dog is wonderful and I wouldn't trade her for the world, but I know that next time we get a dog, it will not be from here...

We paid $1500 for our "hybrid" puppy- a mix of Kelpie and Sheltie. We were able to finance her (I was fresh out of college). I was excited to bring her home and ecstatic that we got some complimentary visits to Vet Select.

Our puppy had multiple episodes of giardia after we brought her home which the vet attributed to the breeder and Petland conditions. I can understand since the puppy cages at the store very often had urine and feces in the tray under the wires the puppies sit on.

Review from Shannon B.

o Elite '13
o 31 friends
o 97 reviews
o Shannon B.
Plymouth Charter Township, MI
3/29/2013 2 photos 1 check-in here First to Review
*I once had a review on this business, but the owner of the page said he "had no record" of me being in the store, so he filed a complaint with yelp and had it removed. Fortunately, I checked in with my yelp app and took some pics while I was there, so there is "a record" of me being in the store this time. I am sticking to FACTS on this review. Facts in which I can prove with the photos I took while in the store.*

My first complaint is that the cages were full of dogs, too full in my opinion. 4 yorkies in a cage together, a doodle & a bullet (basset & english bulldog) in a cage together...and numerous other puppies in the same cages. There was room for each dog to sit and lay in the cages, but not to play or enjoy their existence by any means. What angered me the most was the fact that larger puppies were sleeping on grated cage floors. This is not comfortable for humans, so why make puppies sleep in these conditions? The fact that they had no type of bedding to lay on was unacceptable. Do puppies enjoy chewing on things, like bedding? Sure! However, the smaller dogs had bedding, which makes zero sense to me since the larger breed puppies weigh more and need the bedding more than the smaller ones.

Second complaint: I was in the store for 7 minutes and not ONCE did an employee even acknowledge me. At least 5 times, an employee was within arms reach of me. No "Hello, welcome to Petland", "Can I help you with anything?", "See anything you like? We offer financing for our overpriced mutts!" (Yes, 'designer dogs" are nothing but glorified mutts)...NOTHING! Poor customer service in my opinion.

Third complaint: Many of the cages had feces under the cage grates as well as laying on the grates themselves.

A cute little fawn/red boxer puppy was going home with it's new family while I was there. The only thing that ran through my mind was if the new owners investigated the "breeder" (I use that term VERY loosely) that produced that puppy.

The fact that the cages are covered in discount signs really worried me. "Bullet 50% off", "Goldendoodle 60% off", "Apply today for the petland credit card", "Yorkiepoo 50% off", "Yorkshire Terrier 60% off", "Yochon 50% off"...are these clearance rack puppies?

To my surprise, the store did NOT smell like animal waste. 1 POINT FOR PETLAND! However, this is the only positive point in my review.

That pretty much sums up my experience today at Petland, Novi.
o
Packed cages
o
Animals shouldn't be on "clearance"

Comment from Randy H. of Petland 10/2/2012 « Hide

Shannon,

We have no record of you in our store. I truly apologize that you feel you did not have a positive experience with Petland Novi. However, I can assure you that Pet Land Novi's Breeders are USDA Federally Licensed and State Regulated, Government approved breeders. We visit our breeders on a regular basis to make sure their standards are above USDA guidelines.

Please contact me directly so i can go over this information with you and show you that Petland Novi meets these guidelines and standards. We pride ourselves in customer service and satisfaction.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,544
http://www.ripoffrepo...­

• Submitted: Thu, April 14, 2011
• Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Novi Michigan United States of America
Petland
27200 Novi Rd. Unit 106Novi, MichiganUnited States of America • Phone: 248-449-7340
• Web: http://www.petland.co...­
• Category: Animal Services

Petland Petland sold me a sick Miniature Pinscher Guaranteeing he was purebred and that he had papers. Novi, Michigan
I just found this site and thought I would share my own personal Petland experience.

My brother and I decided that we wanted a Miniature Pinscher. We were both clear-thinking adults and we thought we had asked all the right questions. All of the breeders are quite a ways from us and it was Sunday. We found ourselves at the mall looking in the tiny puppy cages at a min pin. Big mistake.

The store was decorated with "Healthy Guarantee" ads. Basically, anything goes wrong with the puppy and they take care of it. But... no price on the glass. I asked the girl "How much for the Miniature Pinscher?". She ran off, grabbed the puppy (Brutus) and put him down in the "visitation room", which I did not ask her to do. So here's this seemingly helpless little guy, and of course he was adorable. It's a min pin puppy... and the original question was asked again. This time she said $1,400.00. Dear god, I can't afford that. "Oh, well you can pay it in installments." Then I asked all of the appropriate questions. I was assured that Brutus was coming from a reputable breeder and that he did have papers stating this and all other info and it would be mailed to me in a few weeks.

I was then reminded of the "Healthy Guarantee" and told that his sleepy behavior was because he had a little "cold" and the store vet was already taking care of it. So after much deliberation, and a down payment of $500.00, we left the store with Brutus.

We took him to the vet the next day because we were concerned about the sick behavior, diarrhea primarily. He was indeed sick with Giardia (which is also contagious to humans) and the vet had not been treating him for it. Not to mention that the medication was EXTREMELY expensive. I saw the bill and said "Thank God Petland is paying this". At which time the Vet informed me that Petland would not be covering my next visit. "Excuse me?!" I immediately called Petland and was given the extreme run-around when asking to speak to the owner. At this time they also admitted that he did NOT HAVE PAPERS and said "That doesn't matter anyways, he's not going to be a show dog is he? You're not going to love him because he doesn't have papers?". At this point I was furious. Finally the owner called me and agreed to pay the vet bills ONLY for the condition he was being treated for, Giardia. He would not under any circumstances refund any money. We even asked about outright returning the puppy and going to a real breeder as I found that Brutus had come from a Canadian puppy mill with some research after they admitted he did not have papers.

Brutus is now 3 and he's healthy and happy. However, due to his beginnings he is very anxious, fearful and one vet even insisted I put him on relaxers before bringing him in for treatment. We do not want to return our beloved pet, but I STILL feel I am owed a large portion of the money I paid for a dog that I thought was a purebred with papers. I will never visit Petland again and I always tell people to stay away from that store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2011 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffrepo...­. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland
Search for additional reports
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Search Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
File a Rebuttal What's this?
Also a victim?
File a Report What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
Get Started What's this?
Arbitrate
Remove Reports?
No! Better yet! Arbitrate to set the record straight!
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
0Author1Consumer0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals
#1 Consumer Comment
I Observed What You Report
AUTHOR: Do-do - (USA)
SUBMITTED: Sunday, October 28, 2012
I have been considering getting a Boston Terrier for a pal. Had one many years ago and its the best pet you could ever have hands down. They are endless entertainment. After months of looking at Web pages of Boston breeders all over the country I was struck by how poor the conformation of so-called well bred, professionally bred, blah blah blah...their stock was.

I visited several breeders to look over the pups and parents, put up with all the colostrum-educing chit chat (you need to wear nursing pads to get through some of these people), got grilled by a couple of them about my personal habits and behaviour...it was - to put it bluntly, depressing and a colossal waste of time (I took multi day trips to do this research). And worst of all, I saw some of the worst excuses for Boston Terriers I ever imagined. What did they do to that breed??? My ordinary pet quality Boston from 25 years ago would be a super champion today.

But to cut to the quick, I was in the Novi mall one day about 6 months ago and they had two of the most beautiful Boston Terrier puppies I have seen in my recent forays to the breeders. I am not kidding. Bostons usually do not acquire their "looks" until they are about 16 - 20 weeks old, but they had younger ones that already had "the correct look."

Well just like the OC, i get snagged by someone working there and merely asked how much they cost, and boom. she takes this pup out and puts me and her in a puppy corral. I didn't ask her to. So while I am trying to have a look at this (utterly doped up) puppy who acted like she was on Mars, I asked again how much she cost and the price almost gave me a stroke right then and there (almost twice that of a show Boston from a breeder and three times that of pet quality)....and then I got the same business about how she just came back from the vet...which I asked whyfor the vet? and got no answer. Anyway, I was out of there in 3 more minutes. Beautiful as this Boston was I wouldn't buy a puppy from them on a bet with Jesus.

I am no fan of dog breeders these days. It has become a money making hobby for lazy people, but more importantly, people who have no business tinkering with dog breeds because they don't know what they're doing. Then you have Petland which for reasons here as well as on other posts really should by shut down. I don't like sheisters, but I especailly dislike sheisters that abuse helpless animals.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,709
Petland Novi Breeder, Daniel Schlabach/Evergreen Designer LLC in Charm, Ohio: Cited for several violations of the Animal Welfare Act.

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,710
Pet Shop Puppies as of 3/17/14

Name: Petland #245 AKA Novi Pets
DBA:
Address: 27200 Novi Road Unit #106
City: Novi
State: MI
Zip: 48377

http://www.petshoppup...­

Cases:
ID: 15653
Breed: German Shepherd Dog
Breeder: 2012 Blackburn, Jay & Snidow, Julie
Broker: Unknown
Details: Healthy
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--
ID: 15488
Breed: Boxer
Breeder: u Schlabach, Henry
Details: Coccidia, Kennel Cough, Demodectic Mange
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­
ID: 15350
Breed: Miniature Pinscher
Breeder: 2012 Steiber, Alan & Winters, Terisa
Details: In second home. Poorly docked tail, hair loss on head.
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--
ID: 15077
Breed: Maltese
Breeder: c Fedders, Lori
Details: Dental problems; sensitive trachea
ID: 14718
Breed: Dachshund
Breeder: 2011 Disque, Phyllis
Details: Parasites
ID: 14319
Breed: Japanese Chin
Breeder: 2011 Disque, Phyllis
ID: 14273
Breed: German Shepherd Dog
Breeder: 2011 Stutzman, Emery Jr & Mary

ID: 14161
Breed: Australian Shepherd
Breeder: 2012 Trusley, Wilda
Details: Urinary problems (customer bought 2 puppies), bowed back legs.
ID: 13374
Breed: Cocker Spaniel
Breeder: 2011 Ryan, Peggy & Christian, Garey
Details: respiratory problems, food allergies, and had to have a 2cm cyst removed from her belly when she was 6 mths. old.
ID: 13104
Breed: Bulldog
Breeder: 2012 Whitelaw, Fred & Joyce
Details: Kennel cough.
ID: 11975
Breed: Siberian Husky
Breeder: c Cole, Clyde & Sandra
Details: Died from a brain tumor at age 5.
ID: 11262
Breed: Maltese
Breeder: :-a Troyer, Reuben And Steve
ID: 11197
Breed: Chihuahua
Breeder: :-c Lourance, Robert & Darlene
Details: Breathing problems; allergies; bowed legs; luxating patellas, requiring surgery; severe underbite.
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­-
ID: 11110
Breed: Shiba Inu
Breeder: 2012 Thomas, Lorilee & Chris & Featherston, Opal
Details: healthy

ID: 10975
Breed: Golden Retriever Poodle
Breeder: 2012 Habbinga, Pam
Details: Underweight; misaligned teeth.
ID: 10951
Breed: Beagle
Breeder: 2010 Cope, Dona
Details: No problems noted.
ID: 10712
Breed: Australian Shepherd
Breeder: :-Nordquist, Karen & John
Details: In second home
ID: 9904
Breed: Golden Retriever
Breeder: 2013 Miller, Abe N
ID: 9670
Breed: Papillon
Breeder: 2011 Joseph, Marilyn
Details: Recurring kennel cough; intestinal parasites.
ID: 9379
Breed: Minature Pinscher
Breeder: u Pet Store Would Not Release
Broker: The Hunte Corporation (2008)
Details: seizures, regurgitation, luxating patellas; severe URI. Pet store will not provide information on breeder.
ID: 8769
Breed: Boxer
Breeder: u Jones, Janett
Broker: c B & T Distributor, Inc.
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­-
ID: 8768
Breed: Shih Tzu Yorkshire Terrier
Details: Treated for URI while in pet store; giardia when purchased, requiring hospitalization for 3 days and puppy still being force fed by owner.
Update 6/17/09: Kennel Cough and Coccidia
ID: 8738
Breeder: :-a Moore, Mike & Melanie
ID: 8409
Breed: Shih Tzu
Breeder: u McDonald, Nellie
Broker: c Cole, Clyde & Sandra
Details: Concerns at age 13 include arthritis, heart murmur, cataracts and, most recently, tooth resorption.
ID: 7491
Breed: Bichon Frise
Details: luxating patellas, requiring surgery 3 times
ID: 7490
Breeder: c Hoogendoorn, Darwin
Details: Severe food allergies.
ID: 7492
Details: Kennel cough.

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,711
ID: 7248
Breed: Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier
Breeder: 2011 Beukelman, A G
Details: At age two, has persistant bouts with severe vomiting and diarrhea, every 4-6 months, sometimes requiring hospitalization. Eats prescription diet and possibly early stages of protein-wasting disease.
ID: 5945
Breed: Havanese
Broker: :-c Lourance, Robert & Darlene
Details: coccidia
ID: 5947
Breeder: Perkins, John & Renee
ID: 5876
Breed: Dachshund
Breeder: 2010 Fisher, Dorothy
Details: Kennel cough
ID: 5317
Breed: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Cocker Spaniel
Details: URI
ID: 5259
Breed: Bulldog
Broker: :-c Lourance, Robert & Darlene
ID: 5198
Breed: Japanese Chin
ID: 5082
Breed: Boston Terrier
Breeder: cs West, Barbara
Details: demodectic mange, luxating patellas, hermivertebrae, probable tracheal collapse
ID: 4968
Breed: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Details: congenital megaesophagus
ID: 4584
Breed: Havanese Shih Tzu
ID: 4223
Breed: Welsh Corgi-Pembroke
Breeder: Mc Atee, Gayla
ID: 4182
Breed: Cairn Terrier
Details: Bloody diarrhea
ID: 4048
Breed: Bichon Frise Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Breeder: Pultz, Nicole
ID: 3273
Breed: Basenji
Details: In second home.
ID: 3163
Breed: Chihuahua
Details: 14 lbs full grown. Petstore would not give breeder info.
ID: 3093
Breed: Bernese Mountain Dog
Breeder: Shanks, Jan

ID: 2635
Breeder: c Van Schyndel, Matthew & James
Details: diarrhea
ID: 2176
Breed: Puggle
Breeder: c Havens, C Wallace
ID: 1769
Breeder: c Barnes, Wanda
Details: Ear mites; kennel cough; UTI; crystals in urine
ID: 761
Breed: Scottish Terrier
Details: ear infections due to allergies.
ID: 599
Breed: Pug
Breeder: c Tidwell, Sharlette & John
Details: Diarrhea upon purchase; cancer at 5 years of age.
ID: 592
Breed: Pug
Breeder: Greek, Donna
Details: Healthy.
ID: 570
Breed: Shetland Sheepdog
ID: 533
Details: Luxating Patella
ID: -835
Breed: Collie
Breeder: u Franks, Tenna
Broker: 2010 PetEx2 (previously Manajen)
Details: No problems noted
ID: -1261
Breed: Akita
Breeder: Nathan, Roger
ID: -3548
Breed: Labrador Retriever
Breeder: Noteboom, Carmen
Details: Kidney failure
ID: -1359
Details: stomach problems
ID: -1181
Breed: Affenpinscher
Breeder: Nathan, Roger
Details: Luxating Patellas in both knees, arthitis in the hips. Surgery for knees is $1200 per knee.
ID: -673
Details: Giardia, urinary tract infection
ID: -397
Breed: Akita
Details: diarrhea, sneezing, runny nose.
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,712

Another former Petland customer who will no longer be referring Petland Novi. Kelly Johnson purchased a Cavachon seven years ago. The dog has had skin allergies all these years and is still taking Benadryl. He also developed grows around the eyes and under his skin early. These growths are something you would see in older aged dogs.