addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › Woof Woof Puppies & Boutique

Woof Woof Puppies & Boutique

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,503
Allegedly another sick dog sold by Woof Woof Puppies in Southfield. "I'm a victim of being ripped off by Joanne I bought a dog from her 10 days later she died 2 and a half days out of 10days I had her she was hospitalized I bought her home 8pm I did everything the doctor told me to do but when I woke up she passed away now Joanne blame me n say its nothin she do for please contact me"
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,504
6-9-13

Joanne,

I wanted to let you know that Misty contacted me about the morkie you sold her recently. As you know, she is very upset about the puppy dieing and is concerned about your business practices, as well as, the welfare of the animals in your store.

I have agreed to assist her in this matter.

Based on the information I was provided, it appears you will need to reimburse her the purchase price of the dog and the veterinary cost she incurred. Please contact Misty and let her know what you can do to address her complaint in a timely manner.

Thank you

Pam Sordyl
Puppy Mill Awareness of SE Michigan
734-718-7100

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,648
Yelp Reviews as of 12-15-13 (3 Total)

http://www.yelp.com/b...­

Review from Julie G.
0 friends
6 reviews
Julie G.
Rochester Hills, MI
9/3/2013
I went into this place ready to buy a new yorkie. The lady who was working was very rude. I was ignored when I went in and was there for 20 mins waiting to get helped. I never saw any puppies, and was never asked if I needed help, or even acknowledged. The people that work here are stuck up, rude, and really need an attitude adjustment. I would avoid this place unless your ready to be snubbed and treated like garbage.

Review from Jack M.
0 friends
14 reviews
Jack M.
St. Augustine, FL
10/15/2013
Very rude customer service and I have my suspicions of it being sort of like a puppy mill! I took a peak in the back room and the pups were elbows to ankles in filth. Needless to say I could support a business that treats animals badly so I took my money elsewhere. As for the akc papers the other guy mentioned, I don't think these dogs are purbred like they say!

Review from Shelly L.
0 friends
1 review
Shelly L.
Detroit, MI

4/27/2012 First to Review
DO NOT BE FOOLED!! This place is a rip off! They don't open until 1pm. It stinks. Bad customer service. Not to mention the prices are sky high for items you can get at Target. I called and called, they finally answer and do not want to share information over the phone as far as pricing and inventory. They want you to come in and sale, sale, sale! No return policy, no exchanges. Buyer Beware. Trust ME!
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,649
6-30-11 Beatrice Palmer filed a complaint with Oakland County Animal Control. Beatrice’s daughter found an ad online and fell in love with the puppy. When she went back, the puppy was “missing”. She came back the next day and purchased the puppy. The shih-tzu puppy died 5 days after purchase from parvo. It was also diagnosed with guaridia. She paid $550 at the end of May. Her daughter spent $1,300 in vet bills. Karen Zakaria told her she could take another dog. She also offered parvo shots for free. Beatrice went back to talk to Karen about all the illnesses and the quarantine her vet recommended. She should not be selling these dogs for a month. When she arrived at the home, the garage door was open. It was a hot summer day. There were PODS in the driveway as the family had some water problem and was living in the garage with the dogs. There were over 20 dogs. Some were in stacked cages and others were running around. Beatrice told Karen that she should not be selling for a month. Karen offered to give them a replacement dog in a month, but didn’t seem concerned. Beatrice felt she was not being responsible. Beatrice found the other online complaints. When she called the Novi Police, they knew about her already. Her daughter filed a small claims case and Karen decided to pay her off to avoid the courts. Beatrice contacted the neighborhood Home owners Association. Karen is violating the bylaws. Beatrice called the Oakland County Animal Control and sent a letter. They told her there was not much they could do if they are providing food and water. They told her to call the township. Beatrice called the Township/City and there was noting they could do. Beatrice believes Karen has psychological problems. The place is not sanitary.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,650

In 2011, Puppy Mill Awareness of SE Michigan asked the owners of Woof Woof Puppies & Boutique (29555 Northwestern Hwy., Suite 222 Southfield) to take a pledge not to sell puppies. They declined and are now opening a new store in Walled Lake (239 E Walled Lake Dr). PMA is now launching a public education campaign to warn families about the bad business practices at this store. You can follow our campaign on this new Facebook page.
https://www.facebook....­
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,651

Please sign this petition in support of our campaign to promote only humane business models. Tell the store owners to take a pledge not to sell puppies.

https://www.change.or...­
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,655
We passed out literature in Walled Lake this week to warn the public about the new puppy store.

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,661

Please meet Susan M. Kornfield, an attorney at Bodman PLC in Ann Arbor, Mi. Ms. Kornfield is a long-time animal welfare advocate donating her time to helping not only animals without a voice, but advocates willing to protest and exercise their rights to educate the public about puppy stores. We are very lucky to have Ms. Kornfield on our side.
http://www.bodmanlaw....­
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,662

We held a mini unannounced protest to start warning the public. A woman who works downtown brought us hot tea on behalf of the other business owners who do not want a puppy store moving in downtown. There were a lot of people at Bayside, so we reached a lot of locals in a short period of time with just a few people.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,691

https://www.change.or...­

Petitioning Hot 107.5 Radio Station 2
Stop the Hot 107.5 puppy "giveaway", puppies are not prizes.

Petition by Jamie Abeyta
Virginia Beach, VA

Hot 107.5 is a hip hop radio station in Detroit that has paired up with Woof Woof Puppies to give a pure bred yorkie puppy away as a prize. Although Hot 107.5 puts a small blurb about the importance of owning a puppy, this contest reduces animals to objects to be given away as prizes. Pets are indeed a serious life-long commitment and should be treated as such. Giving a puppy to a random winner is completely irresposible. Chances are the puppy will go to an owner who will turn around and sell it for their own profit. How is this good for a puppy? Please tell Hot 107.5 that this type of giveaway is unaccaptable. Why not use your reach to showcase one of the many needy animals in one of the local shelters or rescues?