addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › ANNOUNCEMENT: Utica Pet Supply Closed!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Utica Pet Supply Closed!

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI

Lights off at Utica Pet Supply!!

Meetup Members,

Big news! Utica Pet Supply closed this week!!!

The new owners could only keep the store going one year. It appears their lease was up and they could not sell the business! They purchased the store believing they could make a living off of puppies. The prior owner, John Goeth, allegedly provided false documentation to the new owners, who are not happy. We will keep an eye out for the lawsuit. We will also keep a look out for new owners. Let me know!

One potential buyer did call me asking is she could still sell puppies if they were from reputable breeders. My answer was no. We will protest.

As of yesterday, the store still has supplies, but the lights are out and sign turned off. The dry erase boards that used to list 20 dogs, all say SOLD.

We held 29 total protests last year providing literature to puppy shoppers and local residents. The owners retire after only 6 months of Saturday protests. We are not surprised, it is not our first pet store that has closed after sustained protests. (*)

We are adding Utica Pet Supply to our list of closed stores that we have campaigned against. Protesting is always a last resort. We hope the next puppy store sees what happens when protests begin, maybe they will transition on their own rather than close.

1. Petland, Belleville, Closed 2009 (*)
2. Paws Total Pet Studio Northville, Closed 2009
3. I Heart Dogs, Clinton Township, Closed 2009
4. Sporting Dogs Unlimited, Shelby Twp, Closed 2010
5. Petland, Westland, Closed 2011 (*)
6. Paws-n-Claws Pet Supplies, Eastpointe, Closed 2011 (*)
7. Pet Station, Dearborn Heights, Closed 2012
8. Krazie Kritterz, Cheboygan, Closed 2013
9. Greenwood Pets & Plants, Warren, No animals 2013
10. Utica Pet Supply, Utica, Closed 2013 (*)

We are planning a celebration next week. I will put it on the calendar.
Here are some photos of our regular protesters. There were seven of us that just didn't give up!