Radical Honesty is direct communication that leads to intimacy in relationships. When people stop pretending, they can powerfully create their future together. Energy that was wasted maintaining a performance for the sake of other people is suddenly available for real creativity. This works for couples, families, communities and nations.
1. Lying is the primary cause of suffering.
2. Living honestly is the antidote to lying and the root of its power is in distinguishing noticing from thinking.
3. You can only notice in the moment. And you can only notice three categories of things: sensations, thoughts, and your external surroundings.
4. Sharing honestly what you notice frees you from the suffering caused by attachment to lying, withholding, phoniness and ideals.
5. Sharing honestly what you notice also deepens love, connection, understanding, and forgiveness (eventually).
6. Radical Honesty is a living, walking, talking, out-loud meditation that moves you from reactivity to being a creator of your own life.