Sometimes, finding out why your Rails app is suddenly eating all available memory and pegging 100% CPU in production can be an arduous task. Historically, Ruby's profiling options have been somewhat limited in comparison to other environments, but things have improved considerably in the Ruby 2.x world.
This talk will take a short walk through the current state of Ruby profiling, including:
* Just what exactly is my code doing on a request using rblineprof
* Digging in deeper with rbtrace and stackprof
* Flamegraphs! Flamegraphs!
* Discovering method cache breaking
* Using ObjectSpace to discover memory leaks and GC issues
Speaker Ian Pointer