addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › Ashford Hall for October etc.

Ashford Hall for October etc.

Dave
user 4600753
Irving, TX
Hey, boys and ghouls,

So Gwen made a suggestion or two at today's Ashford Hall event...

First, next month at Ashford Hall will be in anticipation of Halloween, so why not dress up? I suggest something fun rather than scary...I'll skip my grim reaper costume and go as a pirate instead (BTW, September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day so don't forget THAT!)

http://www.talklikeap...­

Arrrh! Second, we were thinking we need some new music. "Monster Mash" would be timely. What else? I'm drawing a blank. If you have suggestions, pass them along and I'll look up some chords & lyrics. No mummy music, please: I don't like "wrap." But seriously for other months we'd like to expand to other old standards as well (e.g. "Moon River") so if there's music you'd like that you think the seniors know, feel free to suggest.

Plenty of great events coming up on the calendar. Hope to see you at one soon!

http://www.meetup.com...­

As always, thanks for all you do!

Best

Dave

AO for RAK
Allen W.
Allen_Wyatt
Dallas, TX
Post #: 36
Ain't this Texas pardner? Well then, I betcha some of them folks would like some Country! Older stuff like Waylon Jennings or Willie Nelson or Merle Haggard or Glen Campbell or George Jones or Loretta Lynn or ... you get the idea.
A former member
Post #: 4
I was thinking along the same lines as Allen. Johnny Cash, Tanya Tucker. It's been done to death but I don't know anyone who can't sing along to Delta Dawn and What's Your Momma's Name. Ring of Fire, Walk the Line.
They might also like some of the 50's-60's Rock hits-Big Girls Don't Cry, It's My Party, Going to the Chapel, Bye Bye Love. You may already have those; I've only helped you sing once.