addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › Picnic in the Park/Shoe Drive Kick Off/Sunday, 03 June 2007 @ 11:00am/White

Picnic in the Park/Shoe Drive Kick Off/Sunday, 03 June 2007 @ 11:00am/White Rock Lake Park

Angela
flygirl123
Washington, DC
Post #: 73
What: Picnic in the Park/Shoe Drive Kick Off

When: Sunday, 03 June 2007 @ 11:00am

Where: White Rock Lake Park
8300 East Lawther Drive
Dallas, TX 75201

*Exact meetup location to be updated soon but for now save the date*

Bring your kids, friends, neighbors, a frisbee, a football or two and join us as we celebrate with a picnic in the park to benefit Buckner's Shoes For Orphans program. (http://www.helporphan...­)

Please bring a pair of shoes or two to donate to this very worthy cause.
The shoes will be collected all summer long and will be delivered to needy children in Russia and Romania in August and in October..
It is my hope to travel with the team to Romania as they deliver the much needed and to them luxury item of shoes...

Please step into your closet and look around...ask yourself...when was the last time I wore these?...If it has been 8 mos or more...please consider donating them...same goes for your children's shoes...have they outgrown them and they are still in like new condition? I am sure some little one would be thrilled to have them...

We will be serving hot dogs, hamburgers and beverages and anyone willing to bring something please let me know at our brainstorming session this Saturday...it would be most appreciated..

Hope to see you all there...
Angela