11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
(You're welcome to stay longer)!
The main potluck will be at 1:00 PM. Feel free to bring extra snacks for before and after!
What to bring:
• This is going to be a 100% raw organic vegan picnic. Raw means nothing heated over 118 degrees: raw organic fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and herbs, etc. (Nothing cooked please!) Certified organic or at least grown organically please (No pesticides or GMO)! Vegan means no animal products (No meats, no eggs, no dairy, and no honey!)! Also, please no artificial chemicals or preservatives!
• These events are about abundance! If eaten alone, one person's food should fill at least 2-3 people (minimum - your food would completely fill you!).
• Please provide a detailed list of ingredients for whatever you bring.
• When preparing your foods, please use standard food prep practices (hand-washing prior to handling foods, rinsing produce, etc.)
• If this is your first time and you don't know what to bring, consider an fresh organic fruit or vegetable salad with dressing on the side, or packaged raw vegan snacks from a health food store?
• For those who can prepare gourmet raw food recipes, bring it on! This is a chance to share delicious raw food recipes with each other, and further the raw food mission of health and peace, as well as inspire others to create amazing gourmet raw vegan foods!
• Please bring your own dishware and utensils, including serving utensils.
What to bring - EXTRAS:
• In addition to having our raw potluck, we like to have fun, so feel free to bring Frisbees, basketball, volleyball, tennis equipment, etc. Plan to have fun! Perhaps we'll have another game of kickball or Ultimate Frisbee!
• If you prefer not sitting on the ground, please bring blankets and/or chairs.
• Bring bicycles for fun cruises around the park and down to the waterfront!
• Are you willing to lead a nature walk?
• Are you an early bird who can get there at 10 to hold the spot and/or help set-up?
• In honor of DrummingInstead.org (http://www.drumminginstead.org/), please consider bringing drums!
• How about some other instruments to entertain our group?
• Let's celebrate summer with some wonderful company, fun games and activities, and some vibrant raw living foods!!!
• Does anyone have a volleyball net?
(If the weather is especially horrendous, we may cancel! However, sprinkles and light rains don't bother us much!) Stay tuned for more information!
About Discovery Park: http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/Environment/discovparkindex.htm
For a park map: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/Environment/Trails/discovery-map.htm
Newcomers are welcome!
Well-behaved children are welcome!
We look forward to seeing you there!