11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
(You're welcome to stay longer)!
The main potluck will be at 1:00 PM. Feel free to bring extra snacks for before and after!
What to bring:
• PLEASE honor these requests, so we are all on the same page!!!
• All organic foods (some exceptions, such as durian, which we cannot find organic in the PNW). Certified organic or at least grown organically please (No pesticides and No GMO)!
• All vegan foods: no animal products (No meats, no eggs, no dairy, and no honey or other bee products)
• All raw foods: no cooked foods. Any processed foods (such as kale chips) should be labelled as raw (not processed/heated above 118 degrees)
• All natural! (Please no artificial chemicals or preservatives!)
• We love raw organic fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and herbs, etc.! Gourmet-ish chefs often get creative with wonderful salads, raw vegan entrees like lasagnas, desserts, etc.
• These events are about abundance! If eaten alone, one person's food should fill at least 2-3 people (minimum - your food will completely fill you!).
• Please provide a detailed list of ingredients for whatever you bring.
• When preparing your foods, please use standard food prep practices (hand-washing prior to handling foods, rinsing produce, etc.)
• If this is your first time and you don't know what to bring, consider an fresh organic fruit or vegetable salad with dressing on the side. Whole organic fresh fruits are the simplest and a safe bet!
• For those who can prepare gourmet raw food recipes, bring it on! This is a chance to share delicious raw food recipes with each other, and further the raw food mission of health and peace, as well as inspire others to create amazing gourmet raw vegan foods!
• Please bring your own dishware and utensils, including serving utensils.
What to bring - EXTRAS:
• In addition to having our raw potluck, we like to have fun, so feel free to bring Frisbees, basketball, volleyball, tennis equipment, etc. Plan to have fun! Perhaps we'll have another game of kickball or Ultimate Frisbee!
• If you prefer not sitting on the ground, please bring blankets and/or chairs.
• Bring bicycles for fun cruises around the park and down to the waterfront!
• Are you an early bird who can get there at 10 to hold the spot and/or help set-up?(If so, contact the hosts!)
• In honor of DrummingInstead.org (http://www.drumminginstead.org/), please consider bringing drums!
• How about some other instruments to entertain our group?
• Let's celebrate summer with some wonderful company, fun games and activities, and some vibrant raw living foods!!!
• This may be a U.S. holiday, but the picnic is about like-minded people gathering to share a great meal, conversations, all while enjoying nature. We more than welcome our friends from Canada and other countries!
(If the weather is especially horrendous, we may cancel! However, sprinkles and light rains don't bother us much!) Stay tuned for more information!
About Discovery Park: http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/Environment/discovparkindex.htm
For a park map: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/Environment/Trails/discovery-map.htm
Newcomers are welcome!
Well-behaved children are welcome!
We look forward to seeing you there!
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/226002107916021/